New Member - Ohio

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolina Man

Reaction score
I just recently joined the Classic Parker site. I have been a 2320 Parker owner for two years now. I live in Ohio, fish Lake Erie, but I am originally from Eastern NC. I get back once a year for offshore fishing on my Parker. I look forward to connecting via the forums. By the way I am an ECU Pirate!

Allen

Welcome. I travel to Erie, PA 6-7 times a year to fish, would be interested to see how you have your boat set up. Seems most boats I see there are configured a bit differently that boats on the East coast.

johnkn,
You are correct. I began walleye fishing in 2003. The vast majority of the time I troll. We typically use large planer boards with a tow line out to them or individual small planer boards per line. The large planer board line is used to slip the release clip down. I have recently begun to use the smaller boards as my kids are older and out on their own and we have less "mates" on deck to help. You rarely see an outrigger on the lake. In OH each person is allowed two rods, so we use multiple rod holder trees in the gunnel rod holders. My typical setup is a triple holder on each side to the planers and a single on each side flat lining a dipsy diver fishing a spoon, deep diving stick bait, etc. in the western and central basin of OH we typically fish from 20-60' depth. Most boats have to run a drift sock off each side to get the trolling speed down to 1.5-3.0 mph. I will get you a couple of pics when I am out in the next couple of weeks.

Back