New non-Parker sled for the boss ...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Here she is, the new ride. My boating needs and wants have changed. I had considered putting a new Suzuki 4-stroke 250hp to 300hp (would never buy a 4S Yamaha) ponies on 'Miss Teak', but finally realized that my 'big girl' Parker is NOT the boat I want to be in for the next 20-odd years.

For my tuna fishing, I'll use this with the 20-degree deadrise and SeaV2 hull to venture reasonably offshore when the surface bite is 'on', otherwise I'll venture way offshore with my friends who not only have true offshore hulls ... but who are significantly closer to the fish than I am. For now, this will appease my appetite for fishing and cruising in the rivers and bays.

But, whereas this is a site for predominantly Parker boats, I'll try to identify ways where Parker could get an entry into the dual console segment of the market. To me, this design is akin to an SUV, albeit a convertible one at that ... as it can do almost anything fairly well, while not being either a true pickup truck, performance sedan, or many-passenger vehicle ... if you catch my analogy.

Details: late 90s GW Tournament model in absolutely MINT condition - stole it too ;) ! 22' length, 20-degree deadrise w/ continuously variable V, full canvas covers, 200hhp Yam 2-stroke in ultra-mint condition. The boat had always been covered and has zero UV exposure or damage. It is fast, quick to plane, is unbelieveably nimble - extremely responsive, and yet roomy enough to carry all that I need. Even better ... no teak and NO provisions, nor need, for extensive projects, haha! As an added bonus, I'll be able to trailer her and keep her in my backyard, two things that I couldn't do with my "big 'ol girl" 2520 model Parker.

I will add, GW surely builds a spectacular boat! Each seat has a dedicated can/beverage holder in close proximity to it and each drains into a sump or line that bails overboard, not into the bilge. Nothing drains to the bilge, it is a true self-draining hull concept. The wiring is indeed impressive, above reproach, and is the clearest and best designed and laid out that I've ever seen aboard a boat less maybe a custom Cabo yacht. Plus I got a full 60+ page Owner's Manual fully describing each system installed (use, operation, Prev Maintenance, care & repair/troubleshooting) along with a full stringer & bulkhead layout and wiring schematic. Impressive and wicked pissah, as only a guy from Boston can say! Now I know why GWs co$t so much $$!

Attachments

• GW, Starboard-Bow.jpg
    GW, Starboard-Bow.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 544
  • GW, Side-View2.jpg
    GW, Side-View2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 544
  • GW, Side-View.jpg
    GW, Side-View.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 544
  • GW, Stern-View.jpg
    GW, Stern-View.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 544
  • GW, Command&Control.jpg
    GW, Command&Control.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 544
Dale: Good luck with the new sled! She is a beauty. We are all looking forward to your projects, and I am sure there will be many.

Brad

Congratulations Dale. I hope she ends up being everything that you hoped for.

Ya know... you could remove the GW graphics and put Parker logos on there.
Just saying... :)

Dale,
I had a Grady 18 foot center console before I got my Parker. I agree that fit and finish is great on a Grady. I was also impressed with the quality of the stainless steel. Never had any indication of rust. I'm surprised about your comment on the wiring. I, and some friends of mine, had major issues with the quality of the wiring.

Just in case you haven't seen this, there is a good forum for Grady owners: http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/

Of course the major topic is that they want more cup holders. :)

Does this mean that CP.com is going away?

Good luck with the new boat.

Steve

Luv2fish":2nzrbosj said:
All - please know CP is not going away! In fact, it is still my favorite boating website! And I love the project pages, some of the ideas and talents displayed here are awesome!

It's like if Elvis had said "I'm still going to sing; just not Rock & Roll" - I have such a deep (V) love for my Parker I don't want to see other boats. I have to say after reading your post I am very happy with my Towable 2120 Parker. It's just the right size for me and the first mate. (picture included to offset the non-Parker pictures) You have to put in that extra Ummphhttaa - to get motivated to hook up the ship after work and drop her in the water, but cheaper gas and security in the back yard make it worth it. Plus as you drive down the street, everyone is like "Wow look at that boat" and the feeling kicks Butt because Parkers Rule! Anyway, good luck with your new Ship. ~Smittles

Attachments

• doggie.jpg
    doggie.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 450
We have a Grady, Whaler and yes a Parker (favorite).

We love em all. Good luck with your Grady, we really like the twin console.

On the Grady site greatgrady.com for years, love it.

DaleH":1jg8yowo said:
Luv2fish":1jg8yowo said:
All - please know CP is not going away! In fact, it is still my favorite boating website! And I love the project pages, some of the ideas and talents displayed here are awesome!

Before CP was born, I used to spend my time reading the projects section over on ClassicMako.
I even posted my early Parker projects over there, and still do from time-to-time.

I think the Projects section here is my favorite part of this site.

Dale I do need to warn you about a major problem with that boat that you need to be very careful of. A freind of mine Milt had the same identical boat, he bought it used and was just as excited as you are with the performance and comfort until the accident. After only one year of owning the boat Milt accidentally walked into a grady white dealer and purchased a brand new 306 bimini off the show room floor without telling his wife, this is true I am not making it up. Maxine even called over here and asked my wife if I could tell her how much I thought Milt paid for it. I kept my damn mouth shut. seriously I haven't heard from Milt since, I hope he is doing well. I am just passin this along brother. Be careful with that boat

Back