New Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all from the North Shore of Mass (Cape Ann)! We just picked up a 2120SL from Riverfront Marine. It is the new darker blue color which is stunning IMHO. The excitement, however, is going to be tempered by the fact I'll be staring at a wrap boat in the yard all winter as we already pulled the dock. Photo's to follow.

Cheers,

Mark

Congratulations on your new 2120. I personally like the new color choices. I will say that the darker color will require a little extra TLC to keep nice. Keep it waxed and it will stay looking good longer. Looking forward to your photos. Do you have the new F200?

Congrats on the new boat! I love the look of dark color hulls. Stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics as well. And it doesn't need to stay wrapped all winter. Just bring it down to FL and I'll be happy to take care of it for you. :wink:

Thanks! Yeah, I got the F200XB. Was thinking of the 150 & 175 too, but went to the 200 in the end. Out of curiosity (and lack of knowledge), why is a good waxing beneficial? Outside of looking good and keeping the hull clean, is there something specific to the darker gel-coat?

GullCoveParker":2odwtu3z said:
Thanks! Yeah, I got the F200XB. Was thinking of the 150 & 175 too, but went to the 200 in the end. Out of curiosity (and lack of knowledge), why is a good waxing beneficial? Outside of looking good and keeping the hull clean, is there something specific to the darker gel-coat?

I've heard good things about that new F200 and I think that was a good call to go with that option. It should match up well with the 2120. Another member here re-powered his 2120 with the new F200 and said it was doing a great job. The wax comment was just due to protecting the gel-coat. I had a dark blue boat years ago and the one down side is, as they get older and the gel-coat starts to oxidize, it just shows more on the darker colors. I can't keep enough wax on my off white one to be honest. Anything in salt water environment is hard to keep looking new. It was just a heads up to stay on top of it so you may be able to avoid it for years to come. It's a beautiful color!

GullCoveParker":5h0pkppr said:
Out of curiosity (and lack of knowledge), why is a good waxing beneficial? Outside of looking good and keeping the hull clean, is there something specific to the darker gel-coat?

Generally speaking, the darker the gelcoat the more you will notice oxidation over time.
Even our 'white' hulls oxidize, you just don't notice it as much.
If you keep up on it, you can minimize the effects of sun and weather.

There is a reason why the larger dark hull boats such as the Grand Banks Eastbay's and Hinckley's (both famous for their dark blue hulls) are painted, rather than gelcoated.
If they were gelcoat, you would never be able to keep up with them.

Beautiful boat. Congratulations!

Megabyte":3ear05zz said:
If you keep up on it, you can minimize the effects of sun and weather.
Thanks for the info/suggestions, Kevin (and others). How often would you suggest waxing? Will once a year be sufficient?

GullCoveParker":rqwmvdue said:
Thanks for the info/suggestions, Kevin (and others). How often would you suggest waxing? Will once a year be sufficient?

In MA, I would think that a good detailing every spring should do it.
If you were further south, you might have to do it a bit more often.

good lookin boat whats her name I will look for you in the spring im out of Newburyport 2310 thejulie marie see you on the water

I really wish I never saw your photos. :eek: That is absolutely a beautiful boat and now I want one! I have always been a dark hulled fan. I owned a black Chaparral for years prior to purchasing my Parker. It did start showing some oxidation on the stern as that was the only area of the boat getting constant sun light under my carport. I will agree that if you make polishing it your routine maintenance then you should not have much of a problem.
My 2120 is my first Parker and I absolutely love it. I am sure you will too.

Nice looking hull!
Dark hulled boats always look great when they are new
The problem comes with staying after it, if you let your guard down that nice shiny new blue hull will look cruddy quick!
Good luck with the new ride! 8)

Beautiful new boat, see ya on the water….about 4-5 months from now :|

Back