New Parker 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefboyrd

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been looking at Parkers for a few years now! Sold my old boat and finally took delivery just today. Tampa Florida area here. Happy as could be! Love the boat so far. Going to be putting electronics in over the next week and hope to be out on the water possibly as early as next week. This is a great site, all kinds of great information! I look forward to learning all I can about my new Parker! Posting a few pics.

Attachments

• CIMG0438 (2).jpg
    CIMG0438 (2).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 827
  • CIMG0439 (2).jpg
    CIMG0439 (2).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 827
  • CIMG0440 (2).jpg
    CIMG0440 (2).jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 827
  • CIMG0441 (2).jpg
    CIMG0441 (2).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 827
  • CIMG0442 (2).jpg
    CIMG0442 (2).jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 827
  • CIMG0445 (2).jpg
    CIMG0445 (2).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 827
Great looking rig. Did you purchase it in St. Pete? Have you been out in the boat yet? I am looking to get into something similar but am not sure if the 16degree hull will work or if I will need to go with the 21degree with the twins on it. I would appreciate any feedback you may have that might help with my decision.

Purchased from The Parker boat group (Daytona and Orlando). I got the electronics done and have been out a few times now. Love the boat! Rides better than anything I have ever owned even in rough seas! I would NOT buy the 16 degree hull if you plan on doing any significant miles even in moderate chop. The 21 degree rides great at all speeds and at rest drifting or at anchor is very stable because of the beam width! Love the boat and the performance of the twin 150s......... Check out the pic of the Red Drum we caught on our first fishing trip. Cabin is cool even on Hot days... LOVE IT - Best 25 Pilot house for the money!

Attachments

• IMG00012-20111121-1057.jpg
    IMG00012-20111121-1057.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 453
Nice red. Glad to hear the boat was everything you were looking for. I do think the deep vee is going to have to be the way for me to go as well. I like to fish offshore and am not sure how the 16 degree hull would do on a choppy day. The draft does not seem to be much more with the 21 degree hull so fishing inshore or scalloping should not be an issue.
What kind of fuel usage have you been experiencing? What is the roughest you have been out in with the new boat?

Yes, I am certain you would be much happier with the 21 degree hull. I am averaging 2 miles per gallon so far. Worst day out for me was last Saturday. Wind 15 to 20 all day. Very tight chop in the bay all day.... 3 to 4 feet off shore..... First time I had to use the windsheild wipers. Boat did great but had to slow down and use the trim tabs on the way in.. about 20 miles in (head) quartering seas, very windy, 3 to 4 foot, very tight chop. Played around and found the best ride at about 20 or 22 mph and one trim tab down all the way the other about 1/2 down, so the boat leans away from the wave faces, in effect deepening the V on the side of the hull that impacts the oncoming wave. Was burning 12.5 GPH long ride but the boat was not pounding and I was dry except for splashing a little of my favorite drink :lol:

My old walk around - I would have been dripping wet!

The speed doesn't sound bad for the conditions. I know what you mean about the wind and chop. I try to stay in if the wind is blowing from the south or blowing hard from the North. It seems like you can't avoid getting wet unless you have a pilothouse or full enclosure. Do you think bigger tabs would help more in rougher conditions? I know that a lot of people have mentioned going with a larger tab on the 16 degree hulls.
Did you add a livewell to the boat? I see that some people have them mounted to the deck and a couple have mentioned putting them in the back after modifying the fish box. I would probably try and configure something for the transom, but there is certainly enough room on the deck for a good sized well.

I think the trim tabs that came on the boat are plenty big enough.... The boat does a good job as is, if you look at the pics the tabs are fairly long..... Anyways I did not mout a live well. I purchased a portable one that I just put on board when needed... makes it easy when buying bait or catching it.

Back