New Parker 2520XLD from Boats Inc. Niantic, CT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougM

Reaction score
After what seems like a couple of years and a couple of hundred posts and messages with guys on this site as well as others, I want to thank you for your help in my decision making process. Guys like John from Madison, Megabyte, Bryan 2530, Dale H, the Blue water Pirate. I could name fifty guys that helped me out. I finally decided what I did want and started my quest of hunting for a used Parker 2520 with the options that I wanted. I felt that with the boat market the way it has been it would be easy to find a used Parker with low hours and the options I felt I needed.

After months of hunting and not finding the used Parker I wanted. I started looking at new Parkers. I had been in to see the guys at Boats Inc. in Niantic several times and even though they knew I was looking for a used boat they were very helpful . One afternoon while stopping by boats Inc. , you would think it was five minutes from my house I spent so much time there, when actually it is over an hour from home. I snuck into the showroom hoping to have that 2520xl all to myself so I could further my dreaming. As I turned the corner another avid fisherman was climbing all over my rig looking in compartments and kicking her tires. Who would of known that we would be sea trialing boats together and grilling every dealership on the east coast for the next few weeks.

To make a long story short my new friend and fishing buddy Emilio purchased that 2520xl in the showroom and I purchased a 2520xld that had to be ordered. My boat hit the water on the 20th of March and will be kept in the marina at Boats Inc. first let me make clear the fact that I am in no way endorsing Parker or Boats Inc. I could have just as easily purchase another brand from another dealership but after a long decision making process I came to the conclusion that Parker was the boat and Boats Inc. was the dealership for me. I am not an easy guy to please and I don’t mind spending good money for a good product and for good service, but I will be the first one to call you out on something if you don’t do what you say and keep your word. Everyone makes mistakes or has a bad day; it’s what you do after that, that counts.

From my decision making process to the delivery, Boats Inc. has been a class act. I'de like to publicly acknowledge and thank them. Mark Davies could not of been more helpful and continues to spend countless hours long after the sale. Don McKenzie could not of been more genuine and although a tough negotiator is honest and fair. The rest of the staff, Tammy, Zack, Jason, Danny, Matt, Steve, Jimmie, Dana, Mike with True-North and anyone else that I missed were excellent and it was a pleasure to deal with every single one of them. I know this sounds like and endorsement of Boats inc. but it’s not. It’s just a regular guy that is tired of bitching about the shoddy service and lack of integrity in most company’s out there and wants to give credit where credit is due. I'm elated to be on the dock at Boats Inc. and even more excited to be out on the end in Parker Skid Row with Donnie, Mike and the Gang. Hopefully I can learn a few tricks from those sharpies.

If I happen bump in to you (literally) out on some rock pile, please excuse me, I'm still getting used to her. Just hail Reelin' and Dealin' out of Boats Inc, Niantic, Ct. Even if there aren't any fish in the box, there will always be a cold Coors Light for you.

Congrats on the new rig!! I have always had good experiences dealing with boats inc in the past as well I have nothing bad to say about them. You will have to come to our Parker gathering this year! We usually have it at duck Island just off of Westbrook CT we are looking to beat our previous years count of 5, best of luck with the new rig and we will see you out there!!!

Welcome aboard to ClassicParker !

file.php

Nice well equipt boat
Its gonna be a good season for sure
Good Job !

Thanks Guys, Port Niantic,, its good to be neighbors and I am very happy with the Deep V, already have thirty hours on her..

Doug: C'mon buddy. Share your performance #'s.. :D

Someday, when I win the lottery, I want to upgrade my 250hp Ox66 to a 300hp 4 stroke.

John, I'm still trying to figure her out. I can tell you that at around 5800 rpms, her top end is about 39 mPh. I did come back from the Clinton wall on Saturday around 2pm through some serious crap and she rode like a tank . I just buried the bow with the oversize trim tabs and slowed her down and my crew caught some zzz's before we arrived in niantic warm and dry. Now that's performance, lol. I will start to put some numbers together.. pretty sure I need a different prop, the one that came with her seems undersized. anytime you want to fish up my way and dont want to use your gas let me know. Ill be up there every week and it would be great to get you out on her and get your input.

Doug: AWESOME !! :mrgreen:

39mph is fast in a 25' DV Parker !! I think I hit 38mph with mine once, just me, almost no fuel, wind/tide at my back. Put that Yamaha prop on her that I sent you a note about. It's supposed to be fantastic.

If you're around next week, let me know. I'll come up and you can make me jealous with the extra 50hp, rear station, etc etc...

When will you do the DV vs. XL battle?

John

John,, got to get me one of those props.. but I think Ill fish the season with this one since I have a tendency to bump into rocks.. I already had my skeg repainted and had the bottom checked out due to being to curious on black point..I dont know the area like I know the area just east of here.. I love those rocks but sometimes they dont love me..LOL.. Ill be up there every weekend so whenever you want just give me a call 203 509 2944 and we can connect. I think Ill do some flounder fishin this weekend and save some gas. Doug

Back