New Parker Owner (2310)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the new owner of a 1999 2310 Deep Vee. The boat has been kept in a high dry in a warehouse when not in use. I have to get the bottom painted because i will keep it in my slip. But the boat is beautiful, clean and ready to go fishing. I have run bigger boats on a commercial basis but this is the biggest boat i have ever owned myself. Anything i need to know about this boat that will catch me by surprise. Thanks

Walt

Walt... Congratulations, and welcome to the Parker brotherhood! :)

Take some time and go through the 'Projects' area to see what others have done with, and to their boats... then take it from there.
There really aren't any 'problem areas' on these boats, but there are always things that can be improved or enhanced (on any boat).

Read through the other forum areas to see what other owners are doing, so far as preventive maintenance, and you'll be well on your way!

Not a lot of 2310 owners here, but your hull is shared with the 23CCDV and the 2320, so you do have a lot of company in that respect.

Once again, welcome aboard! :)

Welcome aboard Walt, you will find a world of good information here at CP and we also have a lot of great people. When you have time post some pictures of your new boat (one thing we all have in common is we love pictures of our boats). If you do have any projects that you want to do on your new boat just ask and someone here will have an answer for you or will lead you in the right direction. Enjoy!

Welcome.

the only quick thing i can think of about PArker boats in general, is that they really like to be loaded heavy in the front. try to keep weight forward for best handling and balance of the boat. this will give you your smoothest ride. if a bracketed boat.....think stern lift whether it be larger tabs, A/V plates, stern lifting props etc.

WOW! Never thought about it before but I guess I am one of the "bracketed boats" now. HMMMMMMMM

macomber":1h4c7elm said:
Here is a picture of my 2310. Very happy with it. Tons of room.

A 2310 is a rare bird.
Thanks for sharing a photo! :)

I second the motion. I will have some photos to post next week. My boat is going to a fabrication shop this week to have the same hard top installed with canvas to keep out weather on the bad days. I will post them when the top is on.

On another note, when my boat is out I was going to install a new water pump kit and replace the thermostats since they came with the boat and it will be out of the water for a few days. I have done pump kits before but never anything to do with thermostats. Is there any advice on how to replace them on my 225?

Yep, guess I get the egret :cry: Sorry wrong series I guess. Someone else can look or maybe Andy can lead 2310 to the right stuff :oops:

You are correct it is an OX66 SWS 225. Dale sent me a few links to show me how to change the water pump and the "Poppet Valves" bu ti am not sure what they are.

I am goin gto see if i can get a manual fed-x to me so i have it for the project.

I can't believe how far behind I am at reading ClassicParker and welcoming the new arrivals.

I'm partial to the WA style (I have the 2510).

Keep those pics flowing and...

Welcome to ClassicParker and the ParkerNation and your on-line Parker Owner's Manual.

Dave

aka

Good luck with the new ride. I have Owned a 2110 since 1996 when I got her new. The 2310 is the same boat only a few feet longer. To Prevent some problems I have faced I would check the gas vent/overflow where the hose connects to it. You will have a mouse trap in the hose, that is the hose goes up higher than the vent then goes down into the gas tank. The hose is held up by zip ties. Check them and maybe add another. If they fail for what ever reason the hose will slide lower than the gas vent and salt water enters the tank contaminating the fuel. Also parker puts a cheap circut breaker in line right after the battery switch in the rear. Change it out with a good re-setable one for around $50.00 I say this because I had another parker that burned to a crisp because the breaker didn't do its Job. Other than that I have had 13 years of pure Parker pleasure with my 2110. They are great boats that you fall in love with.

porcupine... Welcome to ClassicParker!

Since this is your first posting, please take the opportunity to start your own introduction thread and tell us a little about your 2110. As you know... 2110's are pretty rare birds, so we'd love to see some photos of yours!

We love boat photos here. :D

I second that request since that is what I have. 8)
Pictures inside and out! And where are you located?

Welcome.

Back