New Parker Owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edmohara

Reaction score
Hello Parker Family,

Just purchased a 2013 2520 XLD Sport Cabin. My first Parker and can't wait to get it wet! 300 Yammie, transom door and livewell. Real clean, basic and beastly. Last two boats were a 2001 Grady 247 Advance T Top Center Console - great! And before that a 2000 Albin 28' TE - unreal. I know the Parker will be every much as these and more...

Eddy O

WOW :eek: thats one nice boat !, boat show purchase ? pictures please once it's nice and fishy, enjoy

EddieO...I just bought a 2013 300 Yammie on my new 2320. Had ten hours on her with no issues. Came back a few weeks later and did about a 3 hour trip up and back from Hilton Head to Beaufort . Running great, but I decided to mark a few 50' holes in Port Royal Sound. She sputtered a bit on the take off. I asked my dealer to go out the next day. She sounded sick so we went back in 5 minutes. Long story short she's got a micro crack in the head. Water in the oil. The Yamaha guys can't believe it. They say one in a million. But we know it can happen. So be wary. Your 300 might have come from the same mold. Yamaha is tremendous, along with my dealer, but be aware that it is important to not take lightly what seems to be a minor sputter. Watch and listen carefully. You never know. Hope you have a great experience on your new Parker.
RumRunner

Are they covering everything under warranty ? Ive read horror stories in the past about Yamaha trying to wiggle out of this kind of stuff
Thats crazy!

So far so good. My dealer, David Hughes of Hilton Head Boathouse is tremendous. They are completely replacing the powerhead and extending the warranty for another 6 years. I bought the engine when Yamaha offers to double the normal 3 year warranty to 6 late in the year. But they are sending some technicians down to tear everything apart to determine how and why the failure occurred. There was a tiny crack in the head, hardly perceptible to the eye, Yamaha said it never happened before. Just goes to prove that early on, watch everything carefully because those warranties are ticking away. And always expect the worst, because that way you're not surprised.

Back