new parker owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smsamson

Reaction score
Hello, new Parker owner. Just purchased 2300 dv f250. T top being made now. Shopping electronics and researching ff transducers. Looking at furuno 1920c. Love the site and the friendly nature, especially for he new owners..(my first real boat). Thanks a million..makes me feel better I have a support network as I sort through all of the technology.

welcome........glad it worked out for you.

make sure you stay away from the transom mount transducer. probably the best and easiest transducer is the Airmar bronze 20 degree tilted thru hull. do a search on CP. best location will be like Megabyte's.......starboard side just up from centerline about the same distance from centerline as the raw water scoop on the port side.

good luck.

jim

Welcome aboard and congratulations!

If you need a photo of my 'ducer location, just let me know.
I might be able to locate a photo. :)

Thanks grouperjim for everyting. I talked to a dealer today about the tilt transducer. Definately worth the extra money I believe...just hesitant to drill a hole thru hull. I was initially leaning to the shoot thru hull. The boat will be used for inshore and sound until/if I get confidence for off shore..the stream is about 25 mi out. I am new to the game and would like to have enough capability for what I hope to grow into, but not overboard. Hear so many horror stories about Oregon Inlet, I do not know if radar is justified for the occassional jaunt outside the inlet. Would like to wreck fish, 12 mi tower and cobia fish until get confidencr. any input appreciated.

Megabyte":i337u5rg said:
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

If you need a photo of my 'ducer location, just let me know.
I might be able to locate a photo. :)

You just want to show off your bilge again........... :D

Airmar B20 thru hull and P79 shoot thru.

B20 to the Furuno, P79 to the Garmin.

WARNING! If you are worried about cutting into your boat, DO NOT let Jim anywhere near it..... :lol:

Attachments

• 12192008 011 (Small).jpg
    12192008 011 (Small).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 744
the p79 shoot thru is cheap, works well, and is easily removable if it doesn't meet your expectations, so you might want to try it first.

i just hate to see people drill a bunch of holes in their transom moving a transom mount around chasing a better presentation then having all those holes to fill in when they move to a shoot thru or tilted element.

Larry.....your shoot thru will get a much better presentation at speed if you move it forward of the thru hull. the thru hull, although low profile is creating turbulence for the p79.

jim

Hey now!!! nice first boat!!! you only have upside from hear. I really love my 250, was a 2stroke guy, until I owned a 4. I keep trying to see if it is 3 or 4 seconds to plane, let me know your results, HAVE FUN :p

grouperjim":3m08npav said:
Larry.....your shoot thru will get a much better presentation at speed if you move it forward of the thru hull. the thru hull, although low profile is creating turbulence for the p79.

jim

Good point. I'll take a look and see how much room I have, if any, ahead of the thru hull. Hopefully, it will be easy to move.

I only use the Garmin ducer for it's depth finding capabilites when cruising versus fishing. If I'm fishing, I want the Furuno on board.

Smsamson

Here at Classic Parker we need pictures. Soon they will be a requirement. :wink: Welcome Aboard !!

Catfish

First post, just registered, had lurked a couple months. Also new owner, 3 weeks ago, 2006 2310/250 with full electronics. Looking forward to good conversations in future; I'll need help, though, have lots of questions.

Bayview":3gfi6z7l said:
First post, just registered, had lurked a couple months. Also new owner, 3 weeks ago, 2006 2310/250 with full electronics. Looking forward to good conversations in future; I'll need help, though, have lots of questions.

Congratulations and welcome aboard!
No charge for questions asked. :)

Back