new prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAJSKI

Reaction score
I have a 2320xl 225yahm 17t prop I am only able to get 5400wot. I tested with 1 person 75gal fuel the boat is normal loaded + 9.9 yahm kicker. The sea condition was smooth (less than 1') I know I need to lower pitch what about dia. I am trying to get wot close to mfg recomendation 6000rpm wot i also got 35mph at 5400rpm. I tried trimming in/out trim tabs from full retract to full extend. I like to cruise at 24-28mph
thanks Walt

From what I've seen others do on here, you can install the 12x18 tabs without moving the actuators. You will have to offset mount them and fill some holes. You can't move the tabs to the outside edges any more than they are now. I'm going to do this to mine in the spring. I don't know what hole the motor is on now but if you have to go to too much trouble getting it raised, then I would probable at least go to the next to the highest setting right from the start.
Rloomis did a great thread on the tabs. Good photos and documentation.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14368&hilit=2120+trim+tabs

My 2310 w/ F225 was slow to plane and RPMs were up and down in swells. I replaced the stock prop with a Mercury 15" enertia based on the recommendation of Ken at Prop Gods and it is like a different engine. Pops up on plane and RMPs are rock steady through all waves. No increase in fuel efficenty, but the other benefits were worth the cost of the prop to me. Engine spins up to 6,000 to 6,100 RPM.

I'm also interested in the trim tab solution as I just lost another Lenco actuator yesterday... Their range of travel seems much less than the old Boat Leveler Parker installed on my 21' back in 2001 and are much less effective. Definately want to go shorter and wider, but undecided on whether to replace with Bennett hydraulic or stick with Lenco and keep replacing actuators as mine only last 6-7 years.

I have the same boat. 200 hpdi 3 blade prop. Boat is ass heavy. Same problem, can't keep on plan unless I'm running 20 knots. I put on a 4 blade. Wow. !! Great. But burnt more gas at 5000 rpm. After 3 years I put the 3 blade back on. Yamaha series 11. It's was ok but not great. I put on new tabs 12 x 24. You don't need to move the piston. That help a lot. Still not as good as that 4 blade. I would put the. 4 blade back on but I blow the hub on it. I blow it because keeping it at 2800 rpm. Just enought to get on plane. I had my family all siting in back of boat and it was to much for the prop hub. I took the prop to have a new hub put in for $100 bucks. I haven't use it again. I also rises the motor and that helped. One hole on top showing. I bet you have 3 holes showing. ? Go look at let me know. Marty D

Back