New to Classic Park

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otolith

Reaction score
Hi I'm a long time Parker owner but new to this site. Wish I had known about this site a long time ago. My boats are a 2520 and 2300. Look forward to exchanging here.

Attachments

• 23_01.jpg
    23_01.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 215
The photo of the 2300 is in Baja, Mexico, where that boat lives unless I bring it home to work on it.
My 2520 lives in Dana Point, CA.

Attachments

• Special-K.jpg
    Special-K.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 192
shawnee83, can you help me out here? I joined Classic Parker because I want to exchange ideas. My thought was to share what I've done with my boats and describe some of the thoughts I have for future improvements. I'm not sure where to do that? There doesn't seem to be a 2520 page, or 2300 page. Where would I go to do that?

Another thing, if I start posting pics of the work I've done and the challenges I've faced, is it going to be considered bad form? Is there "too many" when it comes to photos? I'm not typically a forum kind of guy – haven't time for bickering, name calling and butting heads with those who consider themselves expert by virtue of keyboard access. I'm really not forum etiquette savvy, so I don't want to start out badly. I just want to exchange ideas with like minded Parker owners. This seems like the perfect place for that, I'm just not sure where to do so.

Welcome aboard otolith. A couple of very nice Parkers you have there!

If you have a general question, the "All Parker Boats" is probably the place to ask.
However, if your question is about Fishing, Outboards, Props, Tabs, or Electronics, simply put you question in the appropriate forum area.
For Projects, feel free to use that forum. :)

Photos? The more the better!
Many times a question accompanied by a photo will help others to help you.
It can be hard to visualize your question without visual feedback.

We do not tolerate rude behavior here. That's why you won't find any.
Occasionally we will get a member who will act like some of the 'other' boating forums.
Those people don't last long here. :wink:

Finally, you will see some text up there in the upper right...
Use the "View New Posts" link when you log in.
That way you can see what is new without having to open each forum area and thread.

Have fun! :D

otolith":1pym7g7e said:
shawnee83, can you help me out here? I joined Classic Parker because I want to exchange ideas. My thought was to share what I've done with my boats and describe some of the thoughts I have for future improvements. I'm not sure where to do that? There doesn't seem to be a 2520 page, or 2300 page. Where would I go to do that?

Another thing, if I start posting pics of the work I've done and the challenges I've faced, is it going to be considered bad form? Is there "too many" when it comes to photos? I'm not typically a forum kind of guy – haven't time for bickering, name calling and butting heads with those who consider themselves expert by virtue of keyboard access. I'm really not forum etiquette savvy, so I don't want to start out badly. I just want to exchange ideas with like minded Parker owners. This seems like the perfect place for that, I'm just not sure where to do so.

All good questions Otolith. I think that Megabyte(capt Kevin) has answered most of them already. He is one of the moderators here. I'm also not much of a forum guy with the exception of CP. It took me a few time to figure it out. I think you will find good respectful folks here, many who are very talented (not me) and knowledgeable about boats/Parker's. I know this group will be very receptive to read and see the projects that you have done and discuss future ones. To post some of the projects that you have done, just go to the projects tab and hit "New Topic". As Kevin mentioned, the more photos the better. A pitcher is worth a thousand words as they say. Looking forward to hearing all about them.

NICE tower yardarm, I love it!

We intentionally did not segregate forums into models as we want all of our Parker brethren to "play nice together". But hey ... even then sometimes even I break the rules :oops: , but the good folks here, many know whom I call 'friends', bring me/us back to the light!

We strive for an open exchange of ideas - and even differing opinions - and hopefully the posts show that sharing and discussion of ideas!

We also LOVE projects and pictures, so post away! And welcome aboard Capt!

Wow, lots of responses.
My thought was to share what I've done with my boats, describe what I do with them, then discuss what I'm thinking about doing and get some thoughts. So I'll start a new post and see how it goes. Thanks for all the responses.

BTW I have another Parker, a 2820. I'm a co-owner on this boat.

Attachments

• Mark_28_04.jpg
    Mark_28_04.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 140
otolith":1ntuqday said:
My thought was to share what I've done with my boats, describe what I do with them, then discuss what I'm thinking about doing and get some thoughts. So I'll start a new post and see how it goes.

Looking forward to it!

otolith":1ntuqday said:
BTW I have another Parker, a 2820. I'm a co-owner on this boat.

Sweet ride! (and a great photo) 8)

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this. I'm going to start with my 2520, at "All Parker Boats". I'll title the thread "Special K", the boat name.

Back