New to me 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunachaser93

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just got a new to me 2020 1801! Are there any accessories or modifications that you suggest I make right from the start? I was looking at some boat shade options as the Bimini top was removed.

Welcome.
What's your boating experience?
What's the plan for the usage? Fishing? Pleasure? or both?
Trailering or wet slipping?
What features does the boat have now?
Pictures and current specs?

Welcome.
What's your boating experience?
What's the plan for the usage? Fishing? Pleasure? or both?
Trailering or wet slipping?
What features does the boat have now?
Pictures and current specs?

I currently have a 1969 Boston Whaler 16/17. That was my first boat, and have owned it the past two years. Figured the Parker is a nice step up while still being manageable. The boat will be docked at my home on the water in NJ. I would like to fish in both the bay and nearshore on calm days. Also plan to use the boat to go to local sand bars.

We just had our offer accepted yesterday so I did not yet take ownership of the Parker. It is loaded with options and extras and extremely well taken care of.
The boat has Fell Marine 1st Mate wireless kill switch, second Garmin, hydraulic steering, pop up cleats, rod storage, Gemlux deluxe rod holders, etc.
Loadrite Trailer has brand new wheels and a Kodiak full stainless brake kit.

Attachments

• Image (4).jpg
    Image (4).jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Image (5).jpg
    Image (5).jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 9135279_954824938_0_151120230514_33.jpg
    9135279_954824938_0_151120230514_33.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 9135279_954824934_0_151120230514_28.jpg
    9135279_954824934_0_151120230514_28.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 9135279_954824953_0_151120230514_34.jpg
    9135279_954824953_0_151120230514_34.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2
Nice boat! I had a 2018 1801...very versatile little big boat. One shortcoming of most Parkers is storage. I added some Plano tackle tray holders under the gunwales fastened to the toe kicks. Check out Ocean Breezes or Deep Blue Marine for the holders. Both make great products and at a much more reasonable price than Boat Outfitters.

Attachments

• 20210406_174928.jpg
    20210406_174928.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Nice boat! I had a 2018 1801...very versatile little big boat. One shortcoming of most Parkers is storage. I added some Plano tackle tray holders under the gunwales fastened to the toe kicks. Check out Ocean Breezes or Deep Blue Marine for the holders. Both make great products and at a much more reasonable price than Boat Outfitters.
Thanks for suggestion. I will look into those!

I see you are from NJ. How did you like your 1801 near the Barnegat inlet? I’m hoping to be able to get out in this on good days and do some near shore fishing. Did you have trim tabs?

Thanks for suggestion. I will look into those!

I see you are from NJ. How did you like your 1801 near the Barnegat inlet? I’m hoping to be able to get out in this on good days and do some near shore fishing. Did you have trim tabs?
Had it out the BI only a few times. Did not have trim tabs....seemed like using the engine trim was sufficient. Mostly went out of the Absecon Inlet.... much more predictable in the afternoon coming back in as compared to the BI. Near shore is no problem on nice days. Enjoy!

I have the same boat, just older. Things I have added in addition to what you already have on yours.
1. Raw Water Washdown
2. Trolling motor (if you fish) + batteries & charger.
3. Trolling motor may require you to move your nav light. I went with Taco Surface Mount LED lights & love them.
4. Switch out that leaning post with something that has storage under the seat & a fold down foot rest (optional, but nice if you spend any amount of time in a no wake zone.
5. A nice to have is a ROKK Wireless Waterproof Phone Charger.
6. I personally have the Lenco (9X12" tabs & I find I use them all the time. I do have the 150HP on the back, but the tabs def help with weight shift as your crew moves around.

These are great little big boats for sure. I fish out of NJ as well and I've been in some pretty nasty unfavorable conditions & I never felt unsafe.

I have the same boat, just older. Things I have added in addition to what you already have on yours.
1. Raw Water Washdown
2. Trolling motor (if you fish) + batteries & charger.
3. Trolling motor may require you to move your nav light. I went with Taco Surface Mount LED lights & love them.
4. Switch out that leaning post with something that has storage under the seat & a fold down foot rest (optional, but nice if you spend any amount of time in a no wake zone.
5. A nice to have is a ROKK Wireless Waterproof Phone Charger.
6. I personally have the Lenco (9X12" tabs & I find I use them all the time. I do have the 150HP on the back, but the tabs def help with weight shift as your crew moves around.

These are great little big boats for sure. I fish out of NJ as well and I've been in some pretty nasty unfavorable conditions & I never felt unsafe.
Thanks for the info! It does have a raw water washdown. Needs a new pump though.

I think I will order a set of trim tabs. Did you install them yourself? Might look into a shop in NJ to handle it.

Thanks for the info! It does have a raw water washdown. Needs a new pump though.

I think I will order a set of trim tabs. Did you install them yourself? Might look into a shop in NJ to handle it.
I did not because I also had my shop do the cable to hydraulic steering at the same time, along with some other work I had done at that time. They are not difficult to install though. Hardest part is running the wires up to your console, but as long as you have a wire snake it is doable. Most other wires (motor wires, bilge pump wires, etc.) runs up the startboard side from the transom & make their way up to the console.

I take my boat to Spring Garden Marina in Millville. Those guys are very sharp & really know their Yamaha's, but also most other boat things related. But if you are up in Barnegat, I used to take my old boat to South Harbor in Waretown. That was over 10 years ago, so I am not sure if the people have changed over, but back then they were a very reliable operation (IMO).

I have a 1994 1800 and like most guys here are saying it’s a little “big” boat. I fish out of Atlantic Highlands NJ Marina and go to the Mud Hole and beyond on good days. Yes the weather men have been wrong on occasion lol but I have never felt unsafe. This boat is a little beast. The past few years I have added certain items to accommodate my style of fishing. Added a nice leaning post. Storage cabinet custom made under leaning post. Two draw storage on starboard side. Added a t top with radio box. Dual batteries under console. Led light bar in front,on both port/starboard and aft. Just added raw water wash down this year. Upgraded a lot . Mostly likely done because hopefully I will be placing an order for a custom made boat. My return gift to myself. But still keeping the Parker. Good luck.

Back