New to me 1987 21' center console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search this site I posted my 1989 23DVCC project several years back. Although you state the deck/transom are solid be careful. I started my project cutting out a small section out of the rear deck where the live well was due to rot. The early year models don't have fiberglass on the underside of the deck. They were painted. Over a period of time they soak up moisture. I finally decided to cut the entire floor out and see what things below looked like. I removed 410 Lbs of foam. Found 15 gallons of water trapped under the 155 gallon aluminum fuel tank. The trapped water had penetrated the main stringers along where the fuel tank was. I replace the main stringers and installed a new fuel tank due to corrosion on the original. I then installed a synthetic(Pensky board) floor and repainted the entire boat with Interlux epoxy paint. Installed center console, T-top, rewired entire boat, replaced transome, custom bracket built/installed, and installed new Suzuki DF250. Spent several years completing the project but was able to use the boat around completing the project.

I did notice that there is not reason or cloth on the bottom of the deck. In this case the deck as dry as a bone. The previous owner added very little to the hull, so there are almost no screw or bolt holes for water to get into the core. Also I cut the deck to put in that aft deck hatch and the plywood was dry all the way through.

Sam

Back