New (to me) Parker 1801 in NorCal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afmoto

Reaction score
Recently bought my first Parker, a 2006 Parker 1801 with a Yamaha 115 that has 1,600 hours and runs perfect. Previous owner was very good about maintaining the boat but I had to get some work done on the trailer so it's ready for longer trips. I've been mostly working on the boat for the past few weeks and look forward to taking it out next weekend. I could've chosen a bigger boat but I wanted something economical that I can tow up and down the coast, chasing the good bite!

My name is Alex, I live in San Jose and I look forward to learning as much as I can from the forum veterans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 144
Congradulatios on your new 1801 Alex. She looks like a nice one. You have a great set up for towing her anywhere that you need/want to go. Based on the rims, it appears that you have good sized(heavy ply rated)tires. Also, having a tandem axle trailer under the 1801 should give you plenty of excess capacity and keep those tire running cooler. Not to mention the added safety of the tandems at high speed highway towing. I like it. :D

Welcome aboard Alex!
Congratulations on that 1801. You're going to love it. 8)

Thanks guys. Yes, that new Ram 2500 with a Cummins diesel pulls like a freight train (rated for 17K lbs) and gets 15 mpg towing so I won't be too worried about taking the Parker a few hundred miles to catch fish.

:D I only have one suggestion for you and that is to get everything ready the day before and then check everything the next day before u leave. :roll:

Congats, Alex! Great boat, nice ride, and even better views! Lived in SJ for ten years and miss the place. By the look of the hills, my guess is that you are down off Old Almaden?

GullCoveParker":11zzf4gg said:
Congats, Alex! Great boat, nice ride, and even better views! Lived in SJ for ten years and miss the place. By the look of the hills, my guess is that you are down off Old Almaden?

Good guess but no. The pic is in front of my parents' house in Morgan Hill; in fact you can just barely see a part of the Anderson Reservoir damn. Unfortunately I don't live in such a scenic area; I'm about 3 miles from Apple headquarters, in a W. San Jose neighborhood right up against Cupertino and Saratoga. If you haven't been here in a while, you would be shocked what real estate prices have done. Tear downs are sometimes into seven figures. I can't wait to have the kids finish up school and then we can hopefully cash out of this zoo and live somewhere nicer. Silicon Valley is a rat race!

afmoto":1m7z58l2 said:
Good guess but no. The pic is in front of my parents' house in Morgan Hill; in fact you can just barely see a part of the Anderson Reservoir damn. Unfortunately I don't live in such a scenic area; I'm about 3 miles from Apple headquarters, in a W. San Jose neighborhood right up against Cupertino and Saratoga. If you haven't been here in a while, you would be shocked what real estate prices have done. Tear downs are sometimes into seven figures. I can't wait to have the kids finish up school and then we can hopefully cash out of this zoo and live somewhere nicer. Silicon Valley is a rat race!
My sister-in-law lives in Morgan Hill - that's why I recalled that view. I totally hear you about the rat race, though. In fact, that's why we moved back to MA. We did it when the boys were entering Middle and High School, and if it matters, haven't regreted it for a second - and neither to they. Well, that is not quite true after last winter :p . Hang in there, Alex. I used to work for the Los Gatos Saratoga Union HSD so know the feeling (and the prices). I loved working with my colleagues, but the area (and cost of living) was not my speed.

But get out on your Parker, though, and all will be well!

m

Back