New to Parker: Specs on 2000 25ft Parker 2520 MV SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepCParker

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the specs on the 2520 MV Parker? Looking for things like overall weight etc.

What does the MV stand for?

Jakub

well, the year model of the boat I am looking at is year 2000. I didnt see the 2520 MV in the new catalog, just the 2520 XL

Specs are in here somewhere, but MV = 14-degree moderate V-hull, whereas XLs are 16-degrees. The MV cabins are a tad (4" in length IIRC, close to that in width too) smaller than that of the XL models.

My '92 mod-V hull weight was listed as ~3500 pounds 'dry', but even I suspect that is low and that would be hull only, without ANNYTHING but cabin glass installed. I thought the XLs were 4K dry, as stock or OEM equipped from the factory. And believe me, your gear add lots of weight. Using 3500 as my guesstimate base, my rig weighs in @ almost 3-tons with full fuel, all std gear, less crew and trip-specific fishing gear.

I know ... as one Spring I weighed EVERYTHING as it went aboard the boat ;) .

Greetings:
I have a 1999 2520MV and still have the catalog for that year; here are the brochure specs: Length 25'-4", Beam 9'-6", Draft 12",Dry Weight 3,375 lbs (outboard) 4,285 (inboard), Max HP 325, Fuel Capacity 126 US Gals, Deadrise 14 deg.

Enjoy your new-to-you Parker.

Regards,

Dan

great news....thanks so much.

I have a vehicle that can tow 5000lbs.... wonder how much the trailer and boat fuel can weigh?

Jakub

DeepCParker":3vh88186 said:
I have a vehicle that can tow 5000lbs ... wonder how much the trailer and boat fuel can weigh?
You’ll never make it … or even worse ... IMHO you’ll never stop :shock: !

With just the motor, hull (as per Parker), and trailer itself – you’d already be well over 5,000 pounds. Load Rite's specs told me my L-R 25' tandem axle trailer weighs ~1400-pounds alone. You haven’t even added boat or personal gear nor fuel yet, where fuel is ~6.2 pounds per gallon.See this post here for how much a rigged 2520 can weigh.

Trailer Carrying Capacity, as per Load Rite (http://www.loadrite.com/capacity.php)
To calculate needed trailer capacity, calculate the total weight including the boat, the engine, a full fuel tank (approximately 7 lbs. per gallon), full water tanks (if applicable) and your personal gear. A good rule of thumb is to use 10% of boat, motor, and liquid weights for personal gear. Select a trailer with the next highest capacity rating. If you intend to carry additional gear or luggage in the boat over long distances, consider the weight of these items, too.

Lunch is over ... back to work for me ...

Here is a visual comparison between my 1996 2520 MVSC and a much newer XL model.
Since both boats are in the water next to each other, you can get a sense of how much 'taller' the XL is.

Photo%20Library%20-%20312.JPG

Photo%20Library%20-%20316.JPG

Even the washboards are noticeably lower on my boat.

Photo%20Library%20-%20317.JPG

If you didn't see both boats side-by-side, you would never even notice the difference in the two hulls.

Photo%20Library%20-%20322.JPG

Photo%20Library%20-%20323.JPG

I couldn't agree more with Dale. When people calculate towing weight they tend to forget that they need to include EVERYTHING - gas water, ice (which could be well over a hundred pounds for a fishing trip), gear, etc. You also need to include what's inside your truck; after all it is your truck that needs to stop the momentum of whatever weight is in there when the guy in front of you slams on his brakes and 2 or 3 guys can weigh an easy 500 pounds. I'd think about buying a bigger truck. It would be worth it for a boat like that.

Gary

Yep plan on be able to tow an average weight of 7800-8400 lbe if you load it up and count the weight of a bunk trailer 2 axels range from 1200 -1600 lbs ........

i am also assuming u are at least carrying about 100 to 125 gallons of fuel

boat 5200
fuel 1100
trailer 1500
gear 400
=8200 + or - 200 = U NEED a 2500HD or the like .........
Now u know y i bought a 2820 .....cant trailer it w/o spending a $$$ on a monster truck so i convinced wife to let me leave it in Montauk

agreed here 5000lbs isnt enough. I'm towing a 25 MVSC on a 6400lb venture roller trailer (i should have gone bigger, and bunk trailer next time around) with a dodge ram 1500 hemi 4x4 .. It tows it fine and stops it great, but I'm not sure I would tow my MV with anything smaller anymore.

I *used* to have a dodge dakota V8 quad cab 4x4, and I towed the parker with it a couple times, and I can't say I liked it much.

My next boat will be a 25' DV with twins, either a walkaround or a cabin boat, and I'll probably opt for a triple axle bunk trailer, and borrow my buddies F350 Super Duty powerstroke to move it (if i even bother with a trailer at all)

Back