new to parkers, what is this

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crump190

Reaction score
It is a 1987 and measures 25 feet. Need some work but seems pretty solid. What would it be worth. Looking to upgrade size from my older 19' GW DC. Is 225hp enough for this boat. Is trying to fix one of these up opening a can or worms or pretty doable. Will be used more for cruising lakes and intracoastal than fishing.

Thanks

2011-06-09_19-04-16_745.jpg

Very early Parker...It is a "Southwester"...take a look at the projects page, I am doing a 21 rehab now. Depending on what you have to do and the price will determine if it is a good deal. 225 is plenty on motor for that boat. Where is it located? I see the NC on the registration #

Yep. 25 Sou`wester. Very solid boats.

If it interests you, spend a few bucks to have it surveyed by a marine surveyor who can also inspect the motor.
Once you know the condition she is in, you can negotiate price with the owner.
Is there an asking price?

The owner wants 15k for boat and trailer. He replaced the deck and fuel tanks 3 years ago. Motor is 92-93 i think. Trailer '01. What do you guys think about the price?

Sounds a little high to me...the motor at best is worth $1500-$1800. The trailer around $1000 - $1200. This leaves the boat at $12,000-$12,500. I have seen newer 23' CC at a better price with a newer engine. If the boat is immaculate and has tabs, bait tank, good electronics, and other extras it might close on price...I kind of look at boat deals as if I had to re-power it. If you hung a new $15,000 engine on it would it be worth the near $27,000 invested...Not trying to paint a bad picture, but sadly 20 yr old engines do fail or get very costly. If you planning on keeping the boat for a while and intend on repowering offer a few thousand less and negotiate some. Good luck!! You didn't say where it was located. There may b a CP member close by that will take a look with you. Extra eyes are always helpful.

not trying to bash equipment, but mercs of that era are loud, smoke, fuel guzzlers and finnicky.

get it surveyed if you are hung up on it, but with this market there are some KILLER deals out there.

Back