No Water from Telltale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
2017 2820 with T-300s. Yet another issue. Went to the boat tonight, started zero water from the port motor telltale. When I used the boat last week it was working when I left the dock, and no alarms underway. I screwed the water hose from the dock onto the motor and with full pressure, nothing whether the motor is off or idling. I probed the telltale when a piece of wire and the exit port is clean and free. I will go back tomorrow with a long piece of weedwacker line and probe for another obstruction.

Suggestions?

Remove the cowling, and check to see if the tube is connected to the outlet (where the water should be coming out). Un-regulated high pressure water at marinas are known to pop those tubes off of the outlet, when its not properly secured.

Also, don't run the engines with the water hose attachment.

I did remove the cowling earlier, the tube was secure to the telltale.. As far as the water pump being bad, I can only say that last year was the first season on this new boat, with a total of ~120 hours. This year has been miserable with weather and health, I only have an additional 12 hours on the boat. Total hours are ~132. thanks all

Back