Non Skid Deck - Touch Up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harpoon

Reaction score
I've used Parker Gel Coat to touch up polished hull areas in the past and it works great.

Has anybody used a Parker Non Skid deck coating or anything similar to touch up chips in the non skid ?

I have, I just make sure I'm sloppy about it putting it on.

It matches perfectly on the pulpit and deck areas that come from the mold, not so much on the cocpit deck which is rolled on with griptex in it.

Better than a chip though.

FYI, if the chip goes deeper than the laminate and into the wood, gelcoat will not seal it effectively enough.

Nope, no wood showing. Very solid. But yes its the cockpit.

Harpoon":30zbs1ov said:
Has anybody used a Parker Non Skid deck coating or anything similar to touch up chips in the non skid ?
Wow, never heard they had one. Anyone know what it is? Is it a paint with non-skid additive?

FYI, if a standard paint, not a linear polyurethane like AwlGrip or System3, West Marine used to make one like this that could be tinted to match any color. Powerboat Reports once rated it a 'best buy', but I found it had to be touched up or recoated every few years ...

I'd like to know more about this product!

I'm going to grind it, clean with acetone and then use some thickened parker gel coat.... hit it with a roller will its still sticky and I'll get a non skid finish.

Back