Nor'Easter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photoguy

Reaction score
Hope everyone survived ok. Saw some pictures from Salem/Marblehead of a number of boats underwater and a few beached. It was blowing and raining pretty hard Wednesday night.

Just a lot of wind and rain at my house.
I don't think the storm really spooled up until it was north of us. Not sure who got the worst of it.

Yup, something like that. Having the distinction of owning TWO boats sunk in MHD harbor over the years (perfect storm and remnants of hurricane Jeanne), I pull my boat late September and fish with others now for October! MHD is wide open to the northeast. One of the boats sunk this time was a big Yellowfin center console with triple Vorado's.

dave-j":1t3ewvzf said:
One of the boats sunk this time was a big Yellowfin center console with triple Vorado's.

ouch...

I saw a photo of the top 5' of a sailboat mast sticking straight up out of the water, it was a sad sight.

I didn't pay all that much attention to the storm until we were in the midst of it. My boat is (relatively) safely sitting on it's trailer in the back yard. Throughout the night though we could hear tree's snapping limbs all around. I half expected to see one landed on the boat, but was lucky. A bunch of big limbs dropped all around but none hitting the boat.

Tree limb nailed my wife's Audi Q7 to the tune of a few thousands worth of damage. Same limb hit my 13' Boston Whaler that was parked along driveway with winter cover. Bent the crap out of the railing.

Back