Not an owner yet...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish

Reaction score
Hello from North Florida! I'm a lifetime boater/owner and am currently in a transition period. After 20 years as a diehard waterskier, I sold my ski boat and I'm ready to become a diehard fisherman. :D

Now I'm looking for something to replace my beloved ski boat. I've always been attracted to the classic lines of the Parker boats, and the practical layout, including the enclosed cabin. I'm going to try to lurk on this site a lot and even ask some questions to learn as much as I can about these boats before I buy one. I'm looking forward to the research and also becoming a regular on here after I do make the purchase.

I grew up in the Chesapeake Bay area and learned about boating there, but I've been living in Florida since 1999.

Welcome aboard Badfish! Big jump from skiing to fishing….. but you obviously recognize classic design and quality workmanship if you have set your focus on a Parker. And you have also landed in the right place to learn all about them on ClassicParker. :)

If it can be done on, in, under, nearby, to or with a Parker, you’ll find someone here who has mastered it, or is workin’ at it right now. And they have posted pictures and tutorials to share with the rest of ParkerNation. 8)

Parkers are a blank canvas, just waiting for you to create whatever best suits your on-the-water passion. Fishing, diving, cruising, exploring, or just kickin’ back with your family and friends… a Parker will make it come alive on the water.

John

Thanks John! It's not such a big jump -- I've also been a Carolina Skiff owner for the last 9 years or so (current boat is a 218DLV) and occasionally fish from it. But I haven't been doing much fishing because I've been spending most of my free time at the lake on the ski boat. I always figured I'd concentrate on fishing when I quit skiing. It was either that or learn how to play golf :wink: .

I'm hoping to buy a used 2520 or 2530 (not sure yet what the difference is) with XL cabin (?) in the not too distant future, maybe this fall or winter. I don't want to rush into it because I'm not too smart about these boats yet. I've been visiting this forum almost daily and I've learned a lot so far. I hope I'll eventually be able to contribute.

Jim

Back