O rings or seal for the deck hatch.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a 2520XL that has a deck hatch that gains access to the batteries and battery switches. I believe the seal around the lid needs to be replaced since it is ,I believe, allowing water to get down into the bilge. Does anyone know where you can buy the seal without buying the complete hatch?

Thanks

I have ordered these seals from my Parker dealer.

Just ordered the replacement seals for my hatch from "Tempress". I hope that will keep water from getting into the bilge every time it rains or when I hose down the deck. Will let you know the results. Thanks "Classic Parker".

Most of you probably have the same hatches in your v berth.

Just switch out the seals, no need for those to be watertight.

If the new seal doesn't improve hatches leaking, it may be time to rebed the sealant around the hatch itself.. I just went through this and it made a huge difference on my 1999..

-- Tom

TomS":3fdmfkz7 said:
If the new seal doesn't improve hatches leaking, it may be time to rebed the sealant around the hatch itself.. I just went through this and it made a huge difference on my 1999..

-- Tom

Agreed, my 1999 2520 has been wet slipped since April, washed thoroughly every weekend (along with monsoon rains :shock: ) and I got 3 sponge worth of water sitting in the forward bilge today.

If you have to remove the hatch in order to re-caulk around its edges is there a special tool that you can buy that allows you to remove the screws next to the hinge, i.e. I believe there are two or three screws that have to be removed on the side of the hatch next to the hinges that the lid interfere with an ordinary screw driver.

Thanks
SommerTime

No tool necessary, at least when I just did mine (13x23 Hatch).

Just opened hatch all the way and used a regular screwdriver.

-- Tom

Back