OIL CHANGE 2320 225 HP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAILOUT

Reaction score
new guy to this site. regarding oil change for yamaha 225 o/b ,how hard is it? Also do you need to change lower unit oil? I was told fuel filters shoud be changned same time or should they be changed once a year . I have about 150 hours this year i was told by boat dealer to change oil evey 75 hours and fuel filters. I would like to change oil and filters my self but if something should go wrong they might void warranty which i have for another 5 years, companies seem to be not wanting to pay if they can find reason not to. I'm machanicly inclined but these new engines are so compact .

use search feature, many post on this topic. Save your reciepts for filter and oil used and log engine hours. The manual or check on-line to give rec's on change intervals. I have not seen the 75 hour rec??? My 250 yama is every 100 hours after break in of 10 hours. The warranty will also spell out conditions. You are correct to think doing by the requirements under warranty. I'd hate to save dollars only to void a warranty on a $18K engine. This goes for professional mechanic, if used they should be "authorized" by the manufacturer for work as this can void some warranties too.

100 hours on oil and lower unit. Yamaha is now recommending changing out the fuel filter at 50 hours if you are using Gas with ethanol, if not change the fuel filters at 100 hours.

i fill up with exxon 89 oct my first trip out save's me about $150 before i slip it in newburyport,i don't think one fill up with ethanol would make a difference but i could be wrong.

Back