Oil change

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean. Sometimes I get a little ink on my finger when I cut the check to the marina that just did it for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

where are you making the mess? pulling the filter off? loosen it a tad then get a gallon zip loc bag and put it over the filter then tip the engine forward then remove the filter and let it drain for a little. It will still leave a little oil but not half as much if you didnt use the bag.

I use the zip lock bag trick and put some rags under to catch any drips. Tilt your engine up for a while before removing the filter to empty it. After you do it a couple of times, it's pretty easy not to make a big mess.

place oil asorp sheets under if you can and in the area directly below the filter in the egine hood area. The sheets are like a sheet of cotton ball material. I agree pain in the neck, imagine if changing oil and filter were easier, that would be a design winner to me.

Back