Oil Leak? Loss of Power

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman328

Reaction score
Hi all,

I come here because I trust fellow users of Parkers and Yamaha outboards. I've noticed a slow, very gradual oil drip on my boat when my 150 hp Yamaha is in the "up" position. This usually happens when I haven't used the boat in a few days.

I've also noticed, once the motor starts, there is some oil/gas residue in the water directly behind the boat.

Also coming home today, I lost some power, instead of topping out at 5200 rpms, I could only reach 4600 rpms. It felt like I hit something, but observing the prop, it was fine. I was in deep water.

Ideas? Much appreciated fellas.

Birdman328 said:
Hi all,

I've noticed a slow, very gradual oil drip on my boat when my 150 hp Yamaha is in the "up" position. This usually happens when I haven't used the boat in a few days. quote]

I had this leak on my motor also. It seems to be a very common problem. Under your cowel there is a small oil tank. The cap which is also a sensor is what should be leaking.

I get my Yamaha parts at this site.>>>>
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/parts.html

Sorry I can't help out with the other problems, i'm sure others will be along to help you out.

Hope this helps..

thanks guys. I found the oil leak at least. As for loss of power, I've changed the filter on the water separator and even changed the plugs. Instead of running at 5100 I'm topping out at 4600. Wonder if another filter under the motor cover is dirty???

I have the same leak. Reseat the sensor and it should be ok.

Back