Ok need input on Plano

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelyNauti

Reaction score
Montauk lat 41.04'18.33N lon 71.55'33.05 W
Ok became a PLANO dealer today and i know you all love those boxes and line holders....

Please send me feed back as to the PLANO stuff you all like and need so i can assure good pricing and be able to stock what really sells......

I will be adding name brand accessories weekly ....And want to sell what you all need ...To circumvent the MAP(Mfg. Appropriate Pricing)
For CP members you will be able to log on with a coupon code to give u a nice discount.....

I really want to do some cool promo for all of you so in a few weeks Ill be asking for reviews and feedback of the products you will see up on the site.

We are still on target for the FEB 28th Grand opening....

Dale and Mega and a few testers will be receiving products to test in the first week of March..... so instead of asking me if the stuff is good trust in their judgements......too....

Thanks to all of you , the PM;s u send and the positive feed back is of immense help and it really makes the diffference

Thanks
Bret Rankin

The best Plano stuff I have are the clear waterproof tackle boxes with the red latches and O-ring to seal them shut and keep them shut and dry. Checked the model but all it says are "guide series" so cant be more specific.

All the other types have small latches and typically are the ones I am cleaning up because they fall off something and dump all over the place.

Clear storage boxes with without dividers.
Tackle trays with adjustable dividers.
I have the 4 tray tackle box, love it.

Agree with the larger stuff.

I use a ton of Plano boxes on my boat, they stack well in the dinette seating on the 2530. Most all my tackle goes into one seat allowing the other storage compartments to be used for food, tools, safety gear, etc.

Problem I have is finding boxes that are large enough for trolling lures, jigs, etc.
Also, the cheaper boxes tend to crack on the edges if too much weight is in them.

Cool offer Bret!!

Agree with Bryan.

Would love to find a solution to storing my trolling plugs and diamond jigs. I currently hang them by type/purpose on buckets, but it a waste of space and they get beaten up pretty good.

Lure bags would be a great addition Bret.

The inexpensive kind with the plastic front and the mesh back.

lol i all ready have the lure bags thanks bryan ill post that stuff in March first week...

As for Plano i have to make a large first order..so i was hoping to stock what you all need ..!!!

give me part numbers of what u all use and need ...thanks

Does Plano make a container that will keep my beer from spilling while cruising at 30 mph in 3-4 seas? :mrgreen:

(Couldn't resist. You were an easy mark.)

I will post in a few days the most impressive MADE IN USA Lure/poppers and trolling lure bags ...

they have compartmental solid dividers and can hold lures up to 12" long...
I have to wait till Monday to get the dealership agreement ...

I like the looks of that box that holds leader.

I use a ton of Plano boxes from the 3600 series in my light tackle bag, to the 3700 series in my trolling bags.
I think they are called ProLatch boxes.
I don't use any of the hard sided boxes, but prefer the soft sided guide series bags that I found at BPS.
Depending on the season, and how I'm fishing, I'll swap out the boxes from my bags depending on what I'll be needing.

I do like the big 3700 series guide boxes that are completely open (no partitions) and have the three red latches for a solid seal.
I carry a lot of my trolling gear in those boxes. I think I got them at BPS too.

I even have a soft sided bag that holds all of my freshwater gear.
That one came with a number of utility boxes that hold my Mepps spinners and smaller hard baits.

The one thing I don't have is something to hold snelled circle hooks, spec rigs, and similar bait gear.
That stuff generally ends up in one of the large open boxes that don't have compartments.

Back