old and new pic

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow: that's significant change in the water line. Have you measured it to appreciate the objective difference? any loss of performance going down in HP or does the weight difference compensate for the drop? Nicely done. That new inline 4 Yamaha 200 is supposed to be an AWESOME motor. Congrats!

I no longer need to bottom paint the bullet end of the lower unit, it now sits above the water line. I'm guessing it lifted the transom at least 3-4"
The new motor is also 100lbs lighter. What I did have to do was add bottom paint to the very front of the boat because at rest, the bow is now lower in the water.

As for performance no change with 25 HP less, and fuel economy improved .5 mpg. I now get 4MPG (on a flat calm day) I top off at 40MPH which is 7mph less than parkers numbers on their web site and I know "WHY" and I'm ok with it.

The "WHY" part. Parker for some reason used a different hole pattern to mount the engine on my 2000 21Se. The two top and two bottom are correct in width but the distance from the top to bottom holes are not the standard, I think they are 1 1/2 off the norm. (closer to each other)

My Yamaha bracket has 4 holes on the top and slots on the bottom to be able to move the motor height up and down. Im in hole two from the top, that means I can move the motor up two more holes if needed. But I can't because the slots on the bracket are maxed out because of the odd pattern. I refuse to plug up the two lower holes are redrill new one's. So long story short (or not) the motor sits a little low in the water and I can't get those last 7 MPH.

Back