Opinions on Trailer Dolly's, Trailer Valet's and the like...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silversides

Reaction score
I have an 18 Parker and am looking to get some type of trailer dolly to help position and move
the boat through a tight space. I have seen and checked online on all the options available and I am
not satisfied of what information I have found so far. I want something sturdy that will handle the boat and trailer
but dont want to buy a POS. I have also seen the videos on the trailer valet which look great. I have a garage door opening
that allows me about 4" of clearance on both sides. The trailer valet seems great for this and to position the hitch without moving
my truck. Another consideration is my driveway is paved but on a slight incline to the garage.
Does anyone have the same issues and can someone recommend a dolly or the trailer valet?

Thanks,

This is expensive but???
http://parkit360.ca/shop/p360m-4500lbs-2041kgs

I pushed an 18' center consol that I had into the garage also. Side entry so there wasn't enough room to use the vehicle. If your slope is not very much then you may be able to control it better than you think. I had to lower the landing gear way down to clear the garage door opening but it was easy to push and move it just by myself?

Good luck!

This works on a smooth hard surface like concrete garage floor or concrete drive. A 4-6 ton floor jack with a hitch ball welded to the jack plate can help move the boat that size on the trailer.
My Dad had one borrowing the concept from some of his racing car buddies and I could easily use it as a little kid to move our boat around the concrete drive.

Similar situation here. I have a 2320 Se and a driveway with a very tight fit, retaining walls on both sides, narrow street....I bought, after reading reviews and doing some research, the Parkit 360XL. It works easy, does a great job, and I would recommend it. I originally had the 360L, but due to a slight incline and 90 degree turn with dual axles, I changed out the electric motor to the 360XL motor, Parkit exchanged it for free as I was having issues making the turn on an incline. Now it works fine....hope this helps.

Mike

Back