ordered a new Parker!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captmatt

Reaction score
Well, I went and did it! I ordered a brandy new Parker 2300 DV with an F250. It will have the forward seating delete for maximum fishing room. I got it without a t-top and intend to get a custom t-top built that is a bit smaller than stock to help with fly fishing.

I now have a question. I need to get a new trailer for the boat. How much does a 23 DV weigh? My paper calculations suggest 6000-6500 with full fuel and lots of gear. Does anyone know the true weight of their 23 DV? That would help me know what capacity trailer to buy.

For trailers I am considering Loadmaster, Boatmaster (In FL), Rolls Axle, and Owen & Sons. I want a top-tier trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes. Any thoughts?

Boat arrives some time in March. :D

7000# Owens Aluminum Slide On for me. I trailer comfortably all over the state of FL without any hiccups.

Friend of mine has the 8500# loadmaster. Mine is quite a bit shorter than his and easier to maneuver into gas stations etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 488
Don't count out a Hi-Tech. They are made in Panama City,Fl. I like them and have helped sell a bunch of them.

http://www.aluminumboattrailer.com/contact.html

A few things about trailers in general.

You want a full length trailer. Bunks not cantilevered past the rear crossmember.

I opt for a 18in longer toung than they originally design. That extra 18in makes a difference of keeping the tow vehicle out of the water.

Get the Red & Amber lens LED lights. Do not get the Clear lens. They don't show as well in the daytime when your testing.

When you get the trailer.....Rewire it and run separate ground wires. Do not use the trailer frame as a ground for the lights. But you will need a ground wire on the trailer frame to create a ground for the backup solinode. You want side markers with 2 wires that are sealed. Not one wire and ground to the frame with a mounting screw.

Hi Tech will wire your trailer like this for a additional charge. Everyone else will slap it together with Scotchlocks. Owens and Sons uses Scotchlocks and coats them with liquid electric tape.

Scotchlocks pierce the insulation and let water wick up the wiring. This causes high resistance.

Back to the ground......Bad grounds on a trailer frame are 90% of trailer lighting problems. The elimination of grounding light to the trailer frame remedies this. You should treat your trailer wiring like you would the bilge pump wiring.

I have a Venture vbt 6400 under my 2320 befor the bashing begins I only trailer 170mi a year . I only put the trailer in fresh water once a year,it dose what I need. I had a 23'cc that was on a Wessco that would be my choice. 6400# is pleanty for a 23' but I don't tow so the only thing I can say Kodiack brakes.Warthog is correct seperate ground I had a Loadmaster under my 27' cat great trailer heavy as hello.

Back