outboard bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Paul

Reaction score
I am seriously considering enclosing my cut out transom and installing a bracket on my 1989 21 ft. cc. I have just begun my research and have not yet called Parker to speak with an engineer. I am sure this subject has been discussed here before but does anyone have any experience with putting a bracket on a 21 footer ?

Steves boat came out AWESOME IMHO it makes the whole boat. Ive seen the boat in person a few times.

I, too am considering adding a bracket to my 2001 2110. Been thinking of this since seeing the Passing Thru done and now that my 200 OX66 is acting up I'm thinking of going bracket with the new Yamaha 4 cylinder 200.

Robin Parker said they do not recommend it becasue the 21 DV is aft heavy and she's right -especially with a full load of fuel. I'm really wondering if the 30" wide floatation bracket offsets the weight further astern, particularly on plane. Can anyone provide insight into this?

Seems crazy that this will cost more than I paid for the boat new, but it still feels as big as most other brands 26' boats in terms of cockpit space and there are really no 3-4 year old 23 or 25 ' WA Parkers on the market as so few were made. So, we're sticking with what we know is a well maintained boat and repowering. Just have to decide whether to go for the bracket or not. Don't want to ruin a good riding boat!

db":1xmf6olk said:
Robin Parker said they do not recommend it becasue the 21 DV is aft heavy and she's right -especially with a full load of fuel. I'm really wondering if the 30" wide floatation bracket offsets the weight further astern, particularly on plane. Can anyone provide insight into this?
If you look through the PDF of the transom rebuild I helped on, yes ... the new bracket definitely added floatation to the stern, and not just on plane, but at rest. How much? Not sure if we quantified it, nor if we did - how that number would translate to the Parker 2120 model.

Regardless, if planned and positioned correctly, the answer is yes~!

I'm really wondering if the 30" wide floatation bracket offsets the weight further

I'd be looking at a 48in tub.

Remember ONLY the part that is in the water is adding flotation....Everything else is added weight.

People will think the Whole tub will add flotation. But the water "may" only come up 1/2way....The point is.....It is extremely hard to calculate the actual amount of flotation, until the boat is done. Your money is spent! Bigger IE: More flotation is much more desirable.

Not all tubs are created equal. Stainless Marine what Parker uses...Do not have near the floatation as a Hemco of equal width.

This is because the shape of the tub.

Back