Parker 21 thru 25 SC's at the 2008 Annapolis Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Even though the 3420 XLD stole the show at the 2008 Annapolis Powerboat Show, Tri-State Marine also had a 2120, 2320, and a 2520 on display that I was able to photograph.

The 2120

DSCN0040.JPG

Note the bulkhead mounted rear station on the 2120.

DSCN0041.JPG

DSCN0043.JPG

DSCN0044.JPG

DSCN0045.JPG

And the price...

DSCN0042.JPG

The 2320

DSCN0046.JPG

This boat had the free-standing rear station option.

DSCN0047.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0051.JPG

And the price...

DSCN0048.JPG

The 2520 XL

DSCN0053.JPG

The free-standing rear station

DSCN0060.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0056.JPG

DSCN0058.JPG

DSCN0059.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0069.JPG

And the price...

DSCN0055.JPG

Wow Prices have gone up! 3.5 years ago when I was about to buy a 2320SL, the show price was just under 50k. Now that is the cost of 2120. I will also say that 84k for the 2520xl is nuts! Heck you can get a loaded Judge 27 for about 10k less than that. I think those boats compete well with each other and buyers should have to decide more over layout than price.

Of course all the Parkers look great and cheap compared to the Grady Whites next to them. It is over 100k for a 23 Grady with a single 350. :shock:

B-Faithful":3vtszrgg said:
It is over 100k for a 23 Grady with a single 350. :shock:

That's just insane. But then again...it does make mine look like a good deal even w/out engines. :D

optimaxfish":1igxf0ul said:
Perfect sized pics.

TriState marine really doing buyers a disservice by offering a 23 DV cabin w/200hp :cry: When i see something like that, i run (not walk) to another dealer

You do know you can order it with whatever engine you want, right? My guess it that many customers order their boats from the factory rather than off the lot. I know that is what I did. TS didnt try a jam me either, I got the same fair deal (plus the factory options I wanted) I would have if I took the one off their floor.

I do agree though, 200 is not what I would want on that.

When the price of a gallon of gasoline was exceeding $4 many foks came to us looking to equip boats with as little horsepower as possible. That was in July. For those that do not know it July is when boat dealers make their initial orders. We ordered two 2320's w/Yamaha F-200's.
Our goal was to try and have something on the showroom floor that the consumer might want. Nobody will get stuck with something they don't want (especially in this market). We would be happy to either order a boat with a larger engine (and as previously stated different options) or (in some instances) change the engine that is on the boat.
The only time we have difficulty accommodating our clientele by making such changes is non-current and demo inventory. But in those instances, we've made some sizeable dollar discounts to make up for it.
In the interim, if someone wants a 2320 with a 200 hp engine, we'll be ready for them.
If anyone is curious about how well the boat performs with the F-200, they are welcomed to come down this weekend and try her out.

Boatron

Gentleman;

I have to opine on the other posters comments. I recently bought a new 2008 2520XL and to see a 2009 with less options priced higher makes me happy. Thats the reason I bought a Parker. For the long lasting Quality and Value they are known for. This also means the resale price on my boat will decrease less when I go to move up. It is also because of Parkers superior quality and confidence in their product, year over year that they can raise their prices and customers will pay it. Sure I could have bought a Steiger, C-Hawk, or a Judge but I would have settled for less and wouldnt have the long lasting tradition of the Parker.

Part Two;

I didnt buy my boat from Tri State Marine but I did get Ron to give me a price on one. I have to say that he treated me excellant and professionaly and answered all of my questions exhausting as they were. I never felt like I was being disserviced at any time or made to take somthing I didnt want. I would Highly reccomend Tri-State Marine to anyone. The only reason I didnt buy from TSM was because of the difference in financing between MD. and Va.

Catfish

Why are they putting the second steering station on all of the new parkers? Thats the first thing I would remove. Put it up top where it belongs. Sorry just overstating my opinion.

Catfish":3iy0lax0 said:
Gentleman;

I have to opine on the other posters comments. I recently bought a new 2008 2520XL and to see a 2009 with less options priced higher makes me happy. Thats the reason I bought a Parker. For the long lasting Quality and Value they are known for. This also means the resale price on my boat will decrease less when I go to move up. It is also because of Parkers superior quality and confidence in their product, year over year that they can raise their prices and customers will pay it. Sure I could have bought a Steiger, C-Hawk, or a Judge but I would have settled for less and wouldnt have the long lasting tradition of the Parker.

I hate to disagree with you on a parker site but I think some of the smaller builders are holding better resale than the Parker. I dont think this has anything to do with the quality of the parkers just the fact that there are a lot more of them on the market. Parker builds a lot more boats than some of the other builders and there are just more on the market used. A guy I know just sold his 2001 Judge 27 Chesapeake this past spring for more than he paid for it new. Why? Because there is less competition. Heck I just sold my 25 Maycraft for around what a lot of similar year 25 Parkers are being listed for and I paid quite a bit less for the Maycraft. Why? Less competition. I certainly believe the Parkers are a little step up in quality than the Maycraft too. However the less competition on the market and the different layout can attract buyers. I certainly dont believe Parkers have a big leg up on Steiger or Judge in quality though. I think they all compete fairly well. Comfort level with company support, layout and preference on construction serperate themselves more than anything. I will give the fact that there is a much stronger legacy with Parker and that the brand is more recognizable than the others. You get more of a nationwide support network with the Parker than the others due to their strong dealer network.

plattapuss":ixny04u3 said:
Why are they putting the second steering station on all of the new parkers?

The rear station is a very popular option in this area, and it is rare to see a boat around here without one.
When 99% of your customers order a particular option, dealers take notice and order their floor stock accordingly.

Because it is the annapolis show. Ches Bay boaters are interested in being able to manuver the boat when working lines trolling. They also want to be able to jig and liveline around structure without running back and forth to the helm.

I just noticed something...

Did the F250 go to DTS? I noticed that the second station binnicle is a singe throttle/clutch control! If so that is awesome. I miss the DTS of my Merc.

plattapuss":1zn8een1 said:
Why are they putting the second steering station on all of the new parkers? Thats the first thing I would remove. Put it up top where it belongs. Sorry just overstating my opinion.

i agree as well. to me, that just gets in the way and really serves no useful purpose, since i dont usually dock the boat alone. and, in its current configuration, it would make it more difficult to wire and gaff, not to mention tend outrigger halyards, get to gunnel rodholders, and all sorts of inconveniences. i wuld much rather see a half tower than a cockpit station. and even if it was an option i would want, i would definately getit bulkhead mounted. but, again, just my opinion. i can see how some might find it useful.

Hey, opti, check it out! we agree on something. again! :lol:

Back