Parker 23 insurance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. for the last 2 years I had my boat insured thru Sea-Insure(New Hamshire Insurance. ) No claims etc. I just gor my new invoice for $540.00 which is a $66 increase. Sea Insure does provide a polution coverage in case your have a fuel spill. Any other insurance companies out there with the polution coverage that I can check out. thanks

that's a pretty good price. I'm paying $900 a year for insurance, which includes 12 month coverage of the surveyed value of the boat when I purchased it (Survey said $22k, so the insured is for replacement price, not bluebook value). The insurance also allows me to conduct 52 charters a year, and with 500k/1mil liability.

your insurance seems like a good deal for a newer boat.

Thats not a bad price. I use Boat US to insure my Parker 21se, and I pay about $450.00. My policy is a replacement cost policy, insured for the amount of $32,000.

Never made a claim on any of my boats over the last 18 years.

I agree shop around, we went with boatus and i think we pay around 400 a year and that includes the boat towing, oil spill, agreed value replacement etc..

thats right in line for 23 2008, 250F and trailer my coverage through Travelers. Better off going through Marine specializing agent or BoatUS over local agent. I saved about $250 going marine agent type over non specializing agent.

FishFactory

You are spot on as always. There are a lot of folks out there upside down on their boats and dont even know it. Gap insurance should be looked into by everyone especially those that are financed. Insurance is far off everyones mind, they usually just pay the premium every year and consider it a non issue until they have to use it.

I just renewed mine through Firemans for my 2004 23SE. It is replacement value of $35K, towing, spillage etc. No claims in 6 years. Policy is $540.

THe largest and oldest Marine insurance is ACE from 1796 till the present they have offered coverage to fleets,yachts cruise ships,they offer amazing service and very comprehensive coverage they are a rock solid company and are in all 50 states...and world wide!!!

70k replacement cost on a 02 2820 w 10k in equipment with 300k/300k and a 500 ded only $590....

http://www.acemarineinsurance.com/Acein ... /About+Us/

I was insured with Boat US for the past 7 years with a Mako 224 1984, for about 550 per year.
They wanted about 800 to insure my 2005 2520xl-f250.
Check out Aero-Marine Insurance in Quincy, Mass.
Premium is 485 !!
Once someone tells me how to post pics, I'll start with my present completed projects, and craft.

Reel Job,
PT. Judith, R.I.

Give a call to Marks Marine Insurance in Stevensville...
http://md.serviceslisted.com/4999436-Ma ... urance.htm

They have a local office in Stevensville though their main office is in New Jersey.
Marks is an agent for ACE and my policy includes towing, pollution, uninsured boater, agreed apon value, and an equipment (fishing tools) rider.

No issues with them to-date, tho I haven't had any claims either. 8)

i called my ACE agent to see if we could rework my policy...i think im paying far too much for a 22 year old boat...

yeah i'm considering dropping the charter endorsement, it was originally thrown in there for free actually, and my policy has only gone up about $80 in 6 years.

I rarely charter the boat - maybe once a year anymore, i'm not advertising... It's just not worth it anymore.

Back