Parker 2310 and 2520 Cabin Space

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timfredricks

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm new to the site. I am the market for about a 10 year old model Parker (2002-2006 or so). The boat's primary use will be split about 50-50 between lobster fishing inshore with pots and fin fishing about 25 miles offshore. I had been set on a 2520 MV or DV (believe me I've done my homework on that debate and have come to the conclusion that it's just a matter of trade offs).

But now, I'm considering a 2310 as well. I'm located in SoCal, so weather isn't really an issue with respect to pilothouse or WA. My fishing partner and I will occasionally overnight on the boat when we fish. We don't need anything fancy, just a place to lay down two sleeping bags out of the weather. I haven't been able to get onboard a 2310 to actually inspect the cabin. Is it big enough for two grown men sleep? We're each about 6 feet tall and weigh about 200 pounds. Can any of you with 2310's give me some advice? Thanks in advance!

Tim

I don't own one yet, but I've been on a few 2520s. I wouldn't want to share that v berth with another 6' man, and not even sure I'd want to share it with my wife (at least to sleep on)!
Maybe you've been on a 2520 too -- and that's why you're only asking about the 2310 -- so maybe you're just not as picky as me. :?

I have a 2310 Parker. I have been out and overnighted with my buddies for the big drum in the Pamlico Sound(slept 5 on the boat but only 2 in the cabin, the rest in bean bag chairs). I am about 6 ft and weigh about 185, my brother is about 6 ft. and weighs right around 200. We can get in the cabin and sleep fine. I have also slept in the cabin with my father and he is larger than my brother. Pillows and sleeping bags! I will tell you that the last time I did feel like I was in a washing machine down there though. Wind picked up in the middle of the night and tossed us around a little bit. Hope this helps

Believe it or not, but the V-berth on the 2110 walk-around model is longer than that of my sport cabin 2520, albeit not as wide.

Not sure if that follows on all w/a models ...

Correct! I use an inflatable double matterss in the cabin of our 2310. Fits snugly at the bow with 15-18" to spare on either side at the aft bulkhead. Plenty of space for my 8 year old daughter (who loves sleeping on the boat) and I. If you just use the exisiting cushions there is enough space for 2 full sized people to sleep comfortably. Well, the cushions are a bit thin to all it comfortable, but there is room.

Back