Parker 2310 opinons wanted

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweendeck

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase a new 2008 Parker 2310. It has the 250 Yamaha with bracket. I fish the Southern California coast. I was looking at the 2320 but feel the 2310 will serve my purposes best. It has the deep vee hull 21 degree deadrise. I would like to get some opinons from 2310 owner's as to the ride and handling of the 2310? Would also like to hear the likes and dislikes of the 2310. I have looked at alot of walk-around type fishing boats and really like the Parker 2310. It seems like alot of boat for only being 23 feet. Thanks!

the only complaints i have heard were a few years ago. i am not speaking from first hand experience and could be wrong..........check the cockpit deck. is it true three piece construction, or is there a shell/liner on the 2310? a friend of mine said the deck was a liner and had some flex when you walk on it. the CC and PH deck is like walking on a concrete slab.

the 23 WA is a very nice looking boat. the hulls are the same between the 23 CC/WA/PH. i have owned the CC and PH. regarding where you sit on the pitch axis, i would surmise that the ride quality is somewhere between the two.

my CC had good perceived ride quality in a head sea, and in the PH you must slow down in a direct head on sea, or speed up to get on top if the spacing is right. the 21 degree hull is a great compromise for good/decent ride quality and also great stability at rest/on the drift. the Parker 23 DV hull absolutely tears up a following sea or any other sea other than head sea. it is very difficult to plow or pitch pole this hull. it is very safe and forgiving.

i have fished 24 degree deadrise hulls like Contender and Island Runner......great head sea........but that's about it. terrible drift and following sea.

good luck on your choice.

I have owned a 2310 with a 225 Yamaha 4s for about 2 years on the lower Chesapeake and the boat is almost perfect for my uses. I keep it on a lift but occasionally trailer it. The 8'6" beam allows trailering without special permits. Because of shallow water issues, the 23 is about as long a boat with a deep vee that can use my lift without problems.

That said I have found the boat to be easy to use, fairly economical and able to handle the nasty Chesapeake chop with a minimum of discomfort. The ride is a big plus in my opnion and I do not find the motion when trolling or at anchor to be a problem. I did add larger trim tabs which help somewhat in a head on sea, but when it kicks up significantly, easing back on the throttle is more important than the trim tabs. A friend has an older 23' modified vee Parker center console and the ride on the 2310 is fat superior in all conditiond except a flat calm.

My wife and I particularly enjoy the look and the flexibility of the 2310. The drop curtains allow open air use in the summer (both shade and breeze) and an enclosure in the fall and early spring to protect from cold spray and wind. We use the boat up until January to take advantage of striper fishing which ends on December 31.

I am very pleased with the boats ride. It is stern heavy and you will need to get used to its characteristics but all in all very comfortable and forgiving. Very little spray in most conditions On long rides in a 3-4' sea the ride can get bumpy but the boat will take a lot more than I can and if necessary I just slow down. The hull is strong and can take a pounding.

We have overnighted on it a couple of times but it is somewhat cramped even for the two of us.

The only complaints ar a lack of storage and the poor drainage in the locker under the bridge deck. Everything in there is always wet. A proper head would also be great but this is a 23' hull.

My Yamaha has run flawlessly since I bought the boat used 2 years ago. It had about 360 hours after about 3 seasons in Florida and after 2 seasons of use in Virginia has about 575 hours. I would think the boat would perform somewhat better with the 250, but I have no real complaints about the 225.

I know the 2310 (and the 2510) is the forgotten stepchild on this board, but for me it is a great boat.

optimaxfish":3mrovg95 said:
Don't the w/a's cost somewhat more than the cc/cabin models?

The walkarounds did cost more when I priced them 3 years ago by like 7 grand. however that is when they were introducing the SL model so i am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Hey I have a 2008 2320 and its a deep v and 21 degrees deadrise and I love the ride and the way it handle in the rougher water. I like the room it has in the back of the boat for fishing no seats if you want to sit down just bring out the chairs? Yes the walkaround cost more. I also like that in bad weather you can get in side the cabin??? Tom

I bought the 2005 2310 4 years ago. It was the first with the then new F250. We have the fulkl transom and bracket. Hardtop, wipers, fresh water, windlass, and spreader lights. No top mounted rocket launter.
For rod holders, I bought TACO Cuda Clamp rod holder and mounted them on the vertical hardtop piping in the Grady, Albemarle, carolina Classic style. Easier to reach and look great.

In smooth water, 4400 rpm gives about 27 - 28 mph @ 13 gph.. More realistic is 4200 - 4300 and 21 - 22 mph. The trim tabs are OK. Could
be bigger. Have to slow down in 2' or more chop. The boat is stern heavy. We don't run with a full 150 gals fuel. When we have 3 bars on the Yammy gage, I put in 50 gals. So we average probably around 80-90 gals in the tank. With 150 gals onboard, the F250 bullet is about 2-3" into the water at the dock. With 100 gals on board, the bullet is maybe 1-2" out of the water.

Do yourself a favor. Order the boat with the SWS2 prop. 15.5" D and 17" P. The black steel std factory issue is not great. Actually, you can order the boat with the black standard prop, then change it and keep the black one as a spare. the black factory peop will how hold plane under 19 mph in slightly rough water. The SWS2 prop holds steady plane and steady rpm down to about 12 - 13 mph. It also gets up on plane faster.

The raised helm deck is super. It keeps all the bloody - fishy water away
from the helm area and cabin door. Oh yes, if you fish much, pop the
scupper grills off. The fishy particles in cockpit block the scuppers when you wash down the fishing cockpit and they won't drain. Pop the grills and all the fishy crap flows out with the washdown water.

Any other specific information that you may want, please PM me. Oh,
your dealer may be able to mount your throttle binnacle and magnetic compass more to the right side so you have more room for electronics. Parker will just send them to him and he can mount them where you wish.
I had my throttle binnacle mounted about 2" further to the right, and the compass directly above it. That gave me room for a 12" display (Ray C120) to the left of the compass, and a Ray depth sounder to the left of the steering. Still room for an autopilot control above the steering if we want.

Regards and good luck,
Paul

2005 2310 / F250
Pt Judith, RI

Back