Parker 2520 XL Sport Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvinsdaughter

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the forum and trying to learn about a boat that I have inherited unexpectedly. It is a 25' Parker 2520 XL Sport Cabin 2002, top rigged steering tower, with twin Yamaha 150s still under warranty, with less that 80 hours on them. I'm interested in selling, but first would like to fill out my ad with appropriate information while I research the value of the boat.

Is this boat a deep vee or modified vee? How do I tell?

Is there a site that I can input the details of this boat to find the "KBB" or "Edmunds" value?

Thank you,
Jennifer.

From what i see on the parker boats . Book value means nothing . It all about the market Value and the buyer , The times now are not good and end of boating season , So you have 2 things working agaist you for quick sale. the easiest way is to ask a few brokers to pull up some comps on other sales in your area . Then you can see how many where sold at what price and also see how many is still out there .

Jennifer,
The previous post was spot on. Your location also makes a big difference. You can get the exact model off the data plate located on the boat. I don't have a 25XL but on my 2120 it is located inside the boat on rear of the boat. Good luck on your sale. Parker boats have a very good reputation and good resale value if they are in good condition.

Steve

Jenn:

So sorry to hear how it unexpectedly ended up in your lap. We'll help you out as best we can. That boat sounds fully rigged - which is great, but unfortunately, I can't think of a worst time to sell - given the state of the economy and that it is towards the end of the boating season for most boating areas, less Florida and other warmer climates.

VALUE: Call Boat/US @ 800-274-4877, extension x3990 for a free valuation quote. But note this value will be for an "average equipped vessel", so it won't include any value for any fancier or better electronics, or the fully rigged tower, or possibly even the dual motor setup.

FYI, a valuation survey from an accredited marine surveyor would probably cost you ballpark $500, as with motors that year with such low hours, then I personally wouldn't bother with an engine assessment. A reputable boat broker would help you price it and sell it, taking a 10% commission. Shop around and read everything before you commit to a seller's contract. You want the prospective buyer to pay for any fees incurred - if you can, for any test rides or such. Most brokers cover this, but be wary and be prepared ... and shop around.

Keep in mind the market is poor, as I had considered selling my Parker 2520 this season and had it appraised in the condition "as is" at $25K and I never got a legitimate offer anywhere near that mark ... most were only 60% of that ... but my hull is a 1992, though admitteldly all restored in 2002 and newer to boot. Again, this market is TERRIBLE for sellers!

V-HULL: I believe the XL model was only made in a 16-degree deadrise version. But take a look at the bottom of the hull. There will be a "lifting strake" that projects off the bottom of the hull, about 2" in height and roughly angular in shape. Modified-V hulls only have 1 of them, while deep-V hulls have 2 of them.

Good luck!

Wow, thank you everyone for all of this helpful information.

I am located in Florida so hopefully my timing won't hurt me too much, but I realize there is no end in sight for the economic mess. Thanks again, though.

Jen

x2 use a reputable broker, better still a Parker dealer.
Trying to sell it yourself will be very time consuming.

Can you post some pictures? I may be interested in making you an offer.

Back