Parker 3420 XLD at the 2008 Annapolis Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
I took so many photos of the 3420 XLD at the boat show that I decided to post separate threads containing images of the 3420, and the rest of the Parker line-up.

Tri-State Marine was showing the 3420, a 2520, a 2320, and a 2120 in the water at the show. I never asked why there were no WA or CC models, but it could have been due to budget constraints as slip rent during the show is uber-expensive. It could also be that the SC model is the most popular Parker model in the region...

Power...

Even though the Yamaha 350 hp V8 motors are monsters, they look right at home on this boat. That gives you an idea of that scale of this vessel.

DSCN0001.JPG

DSCN0010.JPG

Performance numbers

DSCN0025.JPG

My first impression on seeing the 3420 was that Parker Marine nailed the proportions of this boat. From a distance, unless you were a member of ClassicParker, you wouldn't be able to tell this profile from the rest of the sport cabin series. They are all deadnutz proportional.

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007.JPG

That is the 2120 Sport Cabin off the stbd side. :shock:

DSCN0008.JPG

Pilothouse...

DSCN0009.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

I didn't have a measuring tape with me, but I'd bet you could flush-mount a pair of 15" screens in this helm.

DSCN0015.JPG

I am a fan of throttle controls that are mounted as close to horizontal as possible. These are spot on! :wink:

DSCN0032.JPG

Sink and refrigerator / freezer behind the captains chair.

DSCN0016.JPG

Microwave opposite the frig / freezer.

DSCN0017.JPG

Some of the wiring up inside the helm.

DSCN0018.JPG

DSCN0019.JPG

Head / shower

DSCN0021.JPG

Flat panel in the v-berth. :shock:

DSCN0026.JPG

Electrical panels behind the captains chair.

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

Dinette area

DSCN0029.JPG

Lots of visibility!

DSCN0031.JPG

Shoreline

DSCN0033.JPG

Rear station and tackle storage

DSCN0034.JPG

Tuna door and stern pop-up cleats

DSCN0035.JPG

Rocket launchers for 10 rods.
I also like the fact that Parker has returned to stainless, non-fluted tubes.
I'm not a fan of the gold fluted rocket launchers used in past years.
(personal opinion)

DSCN0037.JPG

Dance floor?

DSCN0038.JPG

BIG fishbox!

DSCN0012.JPG

Fold-down rear cockpit seat mechanism.

DSCN0011.JPG

Cockpit drains

DSCN0039.JPG

Aft batteries and diesel generator

DSCN0063.JPG

DSCN0064.JPG

DSCN0065.JPG

DSCN0066.JPG

This is the hatch just inside the pilothouse door that allows you to enter the mechanical room space under deck. Notice the size...

Pictured in the photo is my good friend John Page Williams, senior naturalist at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and noted author of hundreds of articles in a number of boating and fishing related publications.

DSCN0118.JPG

Batteries

DSCN0120.JPG

Air conditioner

DSCN0121.JPG

How many time have you ever seen a sea chest on a boat of this size?
Amazing attention to detail...

DSCN0122.JPG

Note that all of the wiring runs through these wiring trays. Very neat.

DSCN0123.JPG

And the price of this vessel as she sits?

DSCN0020.JPG

At this price, you could almost buy two Parker 3420's for the price of one Grady Express 360. :)
Maybe one 3420 and an 1801 as a tender? :wink:

While way too expensive for my blood, I am very impressed by a bunch of details.

BTW, what do they mean by the "2nd" bow thruster??

John_Madison CT":1ixcvq2h said:
While way too expensive for my blood, I am very impressed by a bunch of details.

BTW, what do they mean by the "2nd" bow thruster??

Agree... She is a bit out of my reach as well (of course, so is a Z06 Corvette :shock: ), but the company did a very nice job designing and building this boat.

Not sure what the "2nd bow thruster" refers to, but I will ask next weekend at the in-water open house. Maybe the thruster control at the aft station is an option?

I saw one of the first, if not the first 3420 when on a factory tour back in December while I was visiting in NC. I could only see it looking up from the factory floor as it was on a dolly set without any viewing platform. I think that Kevin hit the nail on the head by indicating that the perspective of scale of this boat is right on. It looks like it belongs in the family. Thank you for taking the time to provide the rest of us with such detailed pictures. Did a great job... now there must be a legal adult beverage calling your name. :D Thanks..

The 2nd bow thruster is referring the the joystick for the bow thruster which is located on the 2nd station

it does look prety nice, i like the fact that they put a better helm seat, a generator, and a/c on it. dont like? 2nd station, galley package, tv in cabin, no indeck boxes, transom box, transom door, unreachable rodholders, etc etc etc etc. cant wait to see it myself though.

TunaJoe":2h6zp1vz said:
BTW, what is a sea chest?

It is a single hull opening and manifold that allows for a large volume of water for multiple devices.
Raw water wash downs, live well / bait well pumps, cooling water for air conditioners or engine heat exchangers... anything that needs raw water.

By using a sea chest, only a single through hull opening is required and each device just takes a port on the manifold. Clean and simple. :wink:

I really liked the boat. I thought she had a GREAT layout. The cabin gave a nice and open feeling and as expected on a parker, the cockpit is HUGE. I also like the dinette inside. Only downsides I think to the boat are that the aft cabin needs a little more headroom so you can roll over and its outwards appearace isnt quite as nice as the rest of the parker line up. She has a little more "bulky" look to her. (maybe a higher pilothouse roof would eliminate that look) However I am a function over form person so I really think the boat is a winner.

Megabyte":1x25ywwu said:

What does that mean? Does it have anything to do with that operation my wife keeps pestering me to get???? :D

Great pics Kev!

I really like the sea chest. But as usual, I can see where I would have done it a bit differently...or would make some modifications...

Put a shut off valve in between each tank outlet and hose connection. Leave the ones with no hoses capped though. What this would allow one to do is winterize each system separately based on need. For example, as the weather cools, one might want to winterize the fresh water system but leave the raw water system operational. To do this, simply close the main intake and individual supply valves, open one of the sea chest outlets and drain the water. Then fill with marine antifreeze. Next open only the valve for the system you wish to winterize and pump the antifreeze through that system. Once done, close and label that valve and do not open again until spring. After the main valve is opened again the rest of the system could be used normally without impacting the winterized system. :)

Kevin,
She is truly a sight to behold for any boating enthusiast, and especially any Parker enthusiast. Lynwood Parker IV (Lynwood's son) was the lead guy on this boat right from the start and I'd say he's done a fantastic job!

Priced in the 270's "loaded" it seems expensive (at first), but if you look at most of the other boats in the 33'-35' class (that have all of the amenities this boat does), she is actually quite a bargain.

I can't wait to take her for a ride myself. For those are in the Annapolis area, we (Tri-State Marine) will have the 3420 available for demo rides this coming weekend (Oct. 25th & 26th).

No matter what one thinks about the price, the layout, or some of the accessories, she is the most impressively designed and assembled Parker yet.

Boatron

boatron":2heit2of said:
For those are in the Annapolis area, we (Tri-State Marine) will have the 3420 available for demo rides this coming weekend (Oct. 25th & 26th).

Ron, Could you let us know what your open-house hours are, and if pre-registering for a demo ride is needed?

Kevin,
On Saturday, October 25th we will run the 3420 (and the 2120, 2320 & 2520XL) from 9:00AM-3:30PM. On Sunday, October 26th we will run the boats from 11:00AM-2:30PM.
Although walk-ins are certainly welcomed, it makes life a whole lot better on us if we know when they are coming. So an appointment is truly preferred. We will have snacks and drinks available as well.

Boatron

Thanks for all the pics Kevin. Couldn't make down, out playing with the family. My brother was there and checked the 34' out and said it was huge, he liked it.

Boatron, don't know if $275m is good or not but it's out of my league

I was at the show on Sunday and spent a lot of time on the 34. After all the controversy on this site I really wanted to see it for myself. All I have to say is "bravo" to Parker. This is one well thought-out boat.

The mechanicals won me over. The organization and space to work on them is exceptional. The simplicity of design is pure Parker. This is a boat for a guy who has owned a LOT of prior boats. It will never be a boat show queen.

That said, there was some criticism on the open space between the back of the dinette seat and the windshield. The effect is that there is open space that goes down to the forward cabin. While I think it looks fine and promotes ventilation, there could be a problem if the windows were left open when heavy spray comes aboard as the TV is mounted directly under the open space.

For those who want an inboard diesel version, there certainly is space below the deck to fit those in. However, that's not where the market is going. The Albemarle guys had their new 28 (I think) with twin OB's and a platform. Albemarle is a hard core inboard company, but they said that customers were demanding OB's.

As for the price, it is in line with other boats of similar quality and size.

Lastly, I got to ride on B-Faithfuls old Maycraft late in the afternoon. Great boat for the bay! Also, it was spotless and clearly extremely well maintained. Hope he loves his new boat, 'cause the old one ain't bad!

Back