parker factory close

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smsamson

Reaction score
Hello, new to the site. I have been contemplating buying a new parker boat and in my research I heard on another site that the factory is temporarily closed. wondering what you have heard and any info as to the strength of the company, ie are they going to be the ones to go. have heard pro line and grady white may or are closing. Thanks

I was on the phone with the factory about 3 weeks ago, and the engineering staff was available and helped me with my problem.

I am hoping to visit the factory in two weeks while vacationing in NC, I will let you know what I find.

Please let me/us know parkerman, when you visit the factory. I really have my heart set on a Parker.

have heard pro line and grady white may or are closing

You can add southport to your list BUT I have been told that they are all taking time off from production (same as GM) until inventories at dealers come down.

One of the managers from Pro-line is on THT and he said that they have suspended production for the time being. I was impressed to read that they are still continuing to pay health benefits to their workers during this down turn until they can get back to making boats..

Another challenge is that a lot of builders are having to move inventory from failing dealerships to ones still in business. This isnt good because the manufacturers arent doing what they are in business to do -- which is make boats.

I hear it is tough out there. Hopefully the market will turn around some and a lot of the people out of work will be able to get a regular paycheck again.

A company that builds luxury items, based on demand, would be foolish NOT to temporarily close or limit production. IF Parker did in fact temporarily close, it would be a sign (to me) of good business judgement. They are smart to keep their powder dry for a different day.

Maybe that's why they have been in business so long :D

I would rather they save variable costs and continue to build a high quality boat than try and maintain operations and start shaving on material costs.

As Opti said, there is no shortage of Parkers on dealer lots and the Parker family knows that.

Buy with confidence!!!

PS: I just yesterday got an email from Wood regarding warranty work so they are obviously still very much "in business".

I was fortunate enough to realize a long held wish. On March 9th, my
girlfriend and I toured the Parker factory. Awesome to walk where my
R & R was built. Our guide Joe explained that they only build to fill orders.
With this economy, it is understandabe that they would slow down. When things turn around, and they surely will, they'll be ready to resume production. Quality will always survive. We in this country have survived 12 recessions since 1929. We've always come back stronger than before. We must have faith.

Linwood Parker was at the Long Beach ( CA ) Fred Hall Fishing Tackle and Boat Show a few weeks ago showing off the new 35 footer. So I am confident that the company has battened the hatches to ride out the storm but plans on smoother seas in the not too distant future. Call me an optimist. Maybe the government should guarantee our warranty work as well. If it's good enough for GM ...

BobbyP":2c21ywte said:
Linwood Parker was at the Long Beach ( CA ) Fred Hall Fishing Tackle and Boat Show a few weeks ago showing off the new 35 footer. So I am confident that the company has battened the hatches to ride out the storm but plans on smoother seas in the not too distant future. Call me an optimist. Maybe the government should guarantee our warranty work :evil: as well. If it's good enough for GM ...

I'm sure Linwood Parker has more integrity than to accept money from tax payers to pay for his poor business decisions. Besides Parker is not a union company and will not sell it soul to the devil.. :evil: Parker will do what any other less privileged company would do in this situation and chances are they will make it through stronger than ever.

Great posts and i heartily agree, so much in fact i just purchased last weekend a 2300dv. A special thanks to grouperjim for the lead. This site is tremendous.

2009 2300dv f250

smsamson":3c0xbob8 said:
Great posts and i heartily agree, so much in fact i just purchased last weekend a 2300dv. A special thanks to grouperjim for the lead. This site is tremendous.

2009 2300dv f250

Congratulations!

smsamson":2s9t9y08 said:

2009 2300dv f250

:D :D :D Alright!. and now, for the bling!! :D :D :D

Back