Parker on toona ...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
hhy_118.jpg

F/V "Michelle-D", from the Newburyport Yacht Club, N'Port, MA , on the mighy Merrimac River. He was the only one seen hooked-up last Friday at the NWC, or Northwest Corner of Stellwagen Bank, ~13 miles out of Glostah (cape Ann) ... a mere ~32 nM run from the mouth of the Mack.

walvisreservaat.jpg

Great pic! Gotta love it when it's slick like that and you're hooked up with a giant in the NE. Slow trolling or chunking?

gray duck":4adcc7bn said:
Slow trolling or chunking?
Most likely trolling bars ... I wasn't there :( , a friend sent me the photo.

Megabyte":3h6tw49q said:
That photo should be in the Parker literature... :wink:

Yeah, that's what I thought too. However, the same photographer also cuts the heads or feet off of people subject prints they take ;) .

Note he hooked up on a small Penn 300 TRQ reel on a Trevala rod :shock: , whilst Penn gold 50, 80 and 130s sit quietly in the background!

Sadly, I hear he's selling the boat :( .

Dale,
Thanks for posting on this site. I was on here for a long time, the I lost my password. Anyway, I am back. The fish was cught using a white Shimano butterfly jig. It was a trevalla rod with a penn torque 300 reel. I think this was the max size fish for this combo. This fish took 2 hours to land, it was pissed off at me. The boat is listed for sale, but it will take a nice offer to sell it. My wife wants a bathroom and galley, but this boat is my baby. I spent alot of money tricking it out, so for now it's not going anywhere. The fish was 66" long and approx. 200-220 lbs.

Attachments

• 66tuna22.JPG
    66tuna22.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 241
gundog":w6n0t9l6 said:
Is that a 2320 or 2520? I can't seem to make it out on the pic.

Looking at his post just before yours, his screen name ends in 2520 so I'm guessing it is a 2520 :D :D , all though I had the same question until he posted.

LOL..I was looking at the profile and should have checked the screen name for a clue. :lol:

More Parker in action eye candy ... courtesy of the Kerry, the photographer. All taken with an OLD 3.2 mPixel camera too, wow!

Attachments

• IMG_9190 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_9190 [800x600].JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_9211 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_9211 [800x600].JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 157
Great action shots :!: . Only time us Ches Bayers get to see heavier tackle bend like that is when someone snags a cow-nose ray..

Was out of Cape Charles earlier in the month and cow nose rays is all we caught.(We were Cobia Fishing)
Great pictures (Nice looking Parker) Nice Fish

Back