Parker Question on a 25 SE Center Console vs a Deep V

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock On!

Reaction score
I am looking at possibly purchasing a Parker SE 25 foot Center Console but I don't know if I would like the ride it would give in rough seas. I currently have a deep v 1801 CC Parker and I was wondering if anyone who owns a SE would tell me how she rides in rough water. I will be fishing inshore, near shore and offshore in it. Thanks for your input!

You should be able to find a bunch of posts on the topic. I have a 23 SE and in my opinion the SE is great if the majority of your fishing will be in/near shore. If you think you will be doing more offshore I would go with the deep V. The SE will definitely pound, even if you trim it out, but it will have the shallower draft, better fuel consumption and require a smaller motor. Everything is a trade off, just need to decide what's important to you.

Gary

I agree with Gary. My 23se rides much better than my old 21se, so it makes sense the 25se would ride better than the 23 with the added weight, length, and hull differences. I use it 90% near shore and it is perfect, but I would not be hesitant about running off shore on most days ... 8)

Foggylink":1zjjwcqr said:
I agree with Gary. My 23se rides much better than my old 21se, so it makes sense the 25se would ride better than the 23 with the added weight, length, and hull differences. I use it 90% near shore and it is perfect, but I would not be hesitant about running off shore on most days ... 8)

I too and wondering how the 25SE would do in a moderate chop.
I am in Tampa, and am looking for an nearshore/offshore boat. Came across a 25SE or 2.

I also find it strange that the all have different bows.. Some open, some seating, some casting..

I own a 1991 25 Se CC with a DF300.You will need trim tabs to make it ride good.I mainly fish inshore coastal waters of Louisiana and it does fine in wave induced chop,but when you run in swells it wants to slam you down when you get off the swell.It just depends what waters you fish in.
I have been running it for the last 19 yrs ,so it does a good job.

fish46 i think that's the best way to describe the Parker SE ride. My 23SE is a great boat in the ocean so long as you're not dealing with big steep swells spaced just so. Wind waves/chop are fine in it but when the floor drops out on you and you don't have enough length to reach the top of the next wave it's going to be a bang. For me if it's like that in the ocean i'm not going because it ain't gonna be fun in any boat and i'll be puking. If you want to be able to fish in 3-4s then buy an offshore boat.

I have one and I also own the following
38 Holland
31 Contender
21 maritime skiff
I have a 25 SE cc with a 225 Yamaha with 200 gals of fuel 5 people at 4600 RPMs the boat did 21 to 22 knots full throttle 25 knots not mph with tabs and nose down went through 1 to 3 seas at times short cop with no problem at all Honestly I was amazed averaging 17 to 20 knots The bonus aside from offshore ability I can go into 1.9 ft of water engine up. I will be installing a jackplate
The boat fishes big with more fishing room than my contender I love the boat any questions contact me.

Back