Parker Sport Cabin 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talitis

Reaction score
I'm ready to make the plunge into a used offshore boat and I really like the Sport Cabin's. I'm looking at the Parker 2530's because I'm trying to make a compromise with the wife (who isn't ) and she wants a small galley with fridge/burner/table seating in the pilothouse. I'm leaning towards outboard(s).

I want to know if anyone has experience with the brand and can recommend or not. The ride, durability seaworthiness etc... I plan to use primarily for offshore salmon, halibut and tuna. I appreciate any advice, thanks.

I had one with a Medium deadrise......It's a LOT of boat.

Would have rather had a high deadrise.

Are you planning on camping? All those things you describe that wifey wants is what they are for.

Mine did not have that...In fact..I would not want it. Even if I was camping.

Gas 2 burner stove on the transom set in a sturdy large cutting board setup aka bait station.

Refrigerator? Multi coolers hold more and do better. That spot in the floor....Right in front of the forward Port side captains chair is perfect for a 48qt cooler and a step. That's where we kept drinks a Lot of the time.

You want Full transom....with bracket and outboard....Do not settle for less than 300Hp.

Id never have a I/O...Sounds like you have?

Cockpit is still plenty large enough for 150+ cooler and 4 fisherman [Bottom fishing]

We did it all the time.

Yes mine was a older model.....'95.....It lived in Maine.....Then with me in Pensacola,Fl. and now it lives in Sitica, Alaska.

Here is the build thread I did to improve the boat.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419

Just got my hands on mine about 6 months ago or so. Had been actively searching for the right 2530 for 2-3 years. It will be perfect for what you describe wanting it for-

Back