Parker - Suzuki DF 250 Guys

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Anybody using a revolution four blade prop ? If so which pitch and boat size ?

Thinking about a 2510 DV.

Thanks
Phil

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR SUZUKI? DO YOU HAVE A PERFORMANCE ISSUE WITH IT,HENCE THE PROP CHANGE?

No, performance is great. Outperforms the factory installed Yammie OX66 250 in all aspects. I spun the hub on th prop, so I was considering a prop with a more servicable hub.

My dealer since told me to stay with the 16" diameter zuke props. The revolution only goes to 15-5/8" diameter.

The suzukis like the bigger diameters. However as long as u can find a hub kit you might be ok the rev 4 has a lot of blade surface and u might be able to go up in pitch to make up for a little smaller diameter

I have a 23' center Console (2300) and I did some extensive prop testing. I went with a Power Tech 4 Blade OFS4, 20" pitch. the Suzuki prop that I replaced was a 18.5" pitch and would turn 6200 RPM WOT. The PowerTech will turn 6300 RPM's WOT so the match (in WOT) was as close as I could get it.

I tested numerous Merc props and for me I saw everything from lugging the engine to spinning alot of RPM's and going nowhere. The merc props were also smaller in diameter versus the PowerTech prop.

One factor to be careful for is what bracket you have on your boat. My year model boat has a Stainless Marine bracket that is flat versus "V" shaped Armstrong bracket. This in my opinion affects the performance of my boat than say a newer year model with the Armstrong. I have alot of water flowing up the flat surface of the Stainless marine bracket and it flows right into the bottom of the Suzuki motor mount (bracket). I raised the motor 2 holes but it is still a fair amount of water turbulence. A friend has the same boat, 2 years newer with the Armstrong bracket and the bottom is "V" shaped much like the boat bottom deadrise. It appears this design separates the water and greatly reduces the flow to the engine bracket.

Give PowerTech a call, they have great tech support and you will end up with a prop thats more matched for the Suzuki than the Mercs

Back