Parker23 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supermuff

Reaction score
Looked at this boat and the 23cc.
I was really liked the 23se better than I though I would.
I wasn't sure about the bump outs for the batteries. I thought they would eat up to much room, but not the case at all.

I plan on getting the step up with cooler.
The leaning post with launchers.

I cannot decide if powder coating is worth it? Any advice. I have it on my current boat. like it but I do not think it will last.
I forgot to ask will they do a hard top as well?

Is the electronic package worth it or should I wait and install after purchase. They are offering the garmin76 series with b60 transducers. I was thinking of doing the simrad 9 go series with radar. almost the same price???? any thoughts advice.

Last but not least price. I understanding this will change depending on extras. so with the 2 options I listed without powder and electronics what would be a fair price.

Anything you would different on the boat you currently have?
Thanks in advance.

We have a 2009 23SE. It's a great boat. Moved up from a 22' c-dory but the parker is a much larger boat, both handling at the dock and how it handles in rough seas. The battery boxes at the transom don't get in the way and are a real blessing when we have guests on the boat. The SE hull is really a great compromise, I really appreciate the stability when drifting, it doesn't tend to rock back and forth, and gets us into some really skinny water down here in the south.

Our bow doesn't have the platform, we keep a 75qt pelican cooler up there most of the time, and that leaves enough room for some crab traps if we choose to take them.

We have the Yamaha F225, and it'll push this boat at a cruise around 30 mph, fuel burn gauge reading 3.0 mpg, with a WOT speed just north of 40 mph.

Powdercoating might just cause unnecessary maintenance, but that's up to you. The stainless is very high quality, but can put off some glare.

We considered the 21SE, 23SE and 25SE. The 25SE was going to be just too much, too wide to legally tow without a permit and really pushing our tow rigs auto transmission. The 21' was kinda small once loaded up with gear and family. Good luck!

Absolutely pass on the powder coat.

Love my 23se for my uses.

Re electronics talk with people that fish where you will. Also check out hull truth forums for advice. I have twin nss7 units and have zero desire to upgrade. Love the knob function combined with touchscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back