Picking the Parker brains

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weasertt

Reaction score
Hey guys, really enjoying my 2320 sport cabin. Just noticed something though, when my boat is sitting in the slip it appears to be leaning slightly to the right. Checked to make sure there wasn't a lot of equipment or anything on the right side and there isnt. It's not drastic and it hasn't gotten worse since I noticed it over a week ago. I did notice that I can see water if I look down the drain hole in the pilot house. Is it possible that waters not draining and its weighing to the right? Or can anyone think of something else that I could check.

I think it's the nature of the beast. Mine does the same thing. Seem to remember seeing another post on here that explained it as the extra weight the helm station adds? I keep my bait well on the port side to offset the list to starboard.

Mine too. Just enough to get a puddle in the corner. I have found if I turn the motor to where it is all the way to the port side when it it tilted out of the water it helps a little bit.

my 2120 does it as well. I put up a thread with the exact same question about a year ago... the consensus is that the helm, rigging, etc that runs down the stbd side gives 21's and 23's in particular a minimal list at rest.

As for the water under the house- likely unrelated to your list but also normal. At rest any water in my bilge accumulates forward under the pilot house which tends to be the lowest point on these boats at rest. You have a fwd bilge pump correct? If not add one! You likely have an inspection plate in the house to access fwd pump if there is one.

My 2320 2005 does it also. So bad that I get calls from the marina. The two battery are on the right side and when I installed a 200 lb tackle box doesn't help. What I did was install a 25 gall. Live well on the swim platform on port side. When I lift the motor I turn it to port. Helps a little. I think in 2008 parker now puts the two battery's on port side. The big problem was when haveing 2 people and my self on starboard the tabs were to small and I couldn't get the boat to ride even. I installed larger tabs.

2320 is a great boat.

I also turn my motor to port when it is raised (to keep the oil dipstick up and avoid little oil drips), and I don't notice the boat listing.

The forward bilge puddle has been addressed in several posts. I have a small hand pump and pump the water out of there once or twice a summer. Usually no more than a gallon or so. Probably rain water coming in the anchor rope locker and not draining all the way back.

Back