Pilot Hole No Discharge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pig Pen

Reaction score
2013 Yamaha 150 4stroke when I winterized the boat everything was in good working order...this weekend I started prepping it for the season electronics etc...I hooked a water supply to the lower unit...turned on the water...water coming out of the usual places on the lower unit...nothing out of the "pee hole" ....since the motor is still wrapped up....if I unhook the flushing connection by the cowling..should I see water coming out from the lower unit?? :|

It's not clear from your original post if the engine is running with no output from the "pee hole", or if you are just not seeing anything after hooking up the muffs and turning on the water.

Water will shoot out a bunch of places once the water is turned on, but nothing will come out of the "pee hole" unless the motor is running (impeller spinning).

On my 150 4 stroke I hook up the hose to the fitting on the port side of the engine. Water will come out the pee hole using this method. Motor not running to make it come out pee hole. I do not use muffs.
" Bean "

With my 225, I use muffs that have water supplied from both sides. I remove the baffle/screen from the inlet on the lower unit, connect two separate hoses, and then I clamp the muffs on the lower unit to minimize all the leakage. Otherwise the stream is weak which means I don't have enough water to run the motor.

In the water the stream is fine.

My F150 will not pee consistently on the muffs on a hose when running. If it is in the water it works just fine. Try putting the motor into a large container of water instead of muffs. I obviously have low volume muffs or something. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Steve

When I winterized it last year I put a set of muffs on it to warm the engine up....it worked fine....fast fwd to this week...I tried the muffs from last year....no luck...hooked the hose to the flushing connection next to the cowling....water came out just fine...purchased a set of double feed muffs....no luck...went through hell trying to find a container to fit around the lower unit....finally found one....filled it ....started the motor....pumped like it always did....many thanks to all that responded with suggestions...

Pig Pen":3sqncsvk said:
if I unhook the flushing connection by the cowling..should I see water coming out from the lower unit?? :|

Yes.

But don't attempt to start and run the motor on the flushing connection. It is for flushing only.

I went through the same thing after a water pump change. After pulling the lower unit (several times) to see how I could have make such a mistake I decided to put it in the water. Pumped just fine. That 45 minute water pump change took about 4 hours.

Back