Plan B saves the day

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulate It

Reaction score
I just came back from 4 days of fishing the CBBT in Virginia Beach. Tough going at the mouth of the bay and all I can chalk it up to is it being unseasonably warm, I was in shorts 2 of the days, and the stripers (rocfish) have not migrated as they typically do this time of the year. Fished dawn into the late evening 2 days with little to show. One brief spurt produced the only 3 rocfish fish we caught - 2 at 22" one at 30" So I had Plan B in my pocket.

I had read reports about the Elizabeth River and the Hot Ditch and High rise - I am sure some people on here are familiar. Never been there or seen it, but courtesy of the internet and a GPS dropped in at Locks Road and Ka-Boom - non-stop fishing action. Seems like the preferred method is to super slow troll, but I'm from Florida and threw artificials at structure. We caught huge Speckled trout including one we nicknamed Troutasaurus! Huge fish! 27"+ and over 7 lb citation fish - we caught 2 other citations, and over 100 specks averaging 20". We did manage a few nice redfish on the islands as well. Ran 130+ miles in 4 days of fishing and burned 70 gallons of gas...and man am I worn out from the crazy temp swings = 40 at night and 77 during the day and little to no sleep. All in all salvaged a great trip.

Back