Planning the next boat, 2520 twin f150's?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aircoastie

Reaction score
Hello all,

It has been awhile since I have been on the site, but had a few thoughts I was wondering if you wise ones could chime in on. I have moved back to S. Florida and have a home on the New River!!!! The 2320 is great down here, but I really want to start fishing more outer Bahamas trips, and she is a bit small for that. So I started thinking about looking into a 28-32' down east single diesel for about 2 years from now. Well after visiting the Parker factory 2 months ago (what great people!!), and realizing that the 2320 has been hands down the absolute best boat I have ever owned, why try to fix something that is not broke!!! So the next boat will be a 2520dv or 2820.

Ok my question for you guys. Ideally I want to keep things simple, so a 2520 deep v, with twin 150's would be ideal. However one of the things I really dislike about my 2320 is she is a bit underpowered with the 225 when the seas are up and I am loaded down. Can any of you guys chime in on a 2520's real world 2-4' seas performance when loaded down. What kind of fuel burn #'s? Upgraded to 200's, weight worth the extra HP? Finally, the 2820 is a beast, but I do not think the added initial cost and fuel burn is worth the price. Can any 2820 owners chime in here. Thanks guys. I must say that I am simply amazed with my 2320. I have run her in the Northern gulf with almost constant short wave 2-4' chop for the past five years, not one stress crack!!

I own a 2005 Parker 2520XL with twin f150s and love it. I boat on the Chesapeake which seems to be choppy more than it is smooth. I believe it is a modified versus a deepvee which may make some difference in the performances. If I run at 3700 rpm I am burning about 12 gph and cruising about 27mph. What I love about the boat is that when a go to troll I shut down one engine and at about 700-800rpm I burning about 0.5gph and moving at 1.7-2 mph via gps. I can honestly say that I have not run the engines at full throttle.
I hope this helps but I realize that yours and my environments are not the same.

Aircoastie":21pt5uhx said:
Ideally I want to keep things simple, so a 2520 deep v, with twin 150's would be ideal.

I would agree.
A 2520 DV with twin 150's would be sweet.

But so would a 2820 with twin 250's. :)

i have a 2520 wit twin 150s if i did it again i would do it wit 200s and a closed transome and a open back..

The 2520 with twins will get 1.5 to 2.0 mpg depending on load. If u can afford the 2820 with twin 250s get that. U can never have too much boat when crossing. I'm down in se fl and took my 2530 with twin 225s over all the time. Moved up now but if its more than 2 feet its a rough go because we usually get a south east breeze and ur taking it on the chin.

BradV":1n02jdzq said:
The 2520 with twins will get 1.5 to 2.0 mpg depending on load. If u can afford the 2820 with twin 250s get that. U can never have too much boat when crossing. I'm down in se fl and took my 2530 with twin 225s over all the time. Moved up now but if its more than 2 feet its a rough go because we usually get a south east breeze and ur taking it on the chin.

brad, when do we get to see pics of the new sled? :D

Back