Plastic tabs on locker latches wearing?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanOC

Reaction score
Hey guys. Loving my new 2120. The boat has 1 very minor issue. On the port locker under the bench seat the door pops open underweigh due to worn plastic tabs. Not worn much but enough to not hold one latch shut.

Anybody have the same issue and come up with a clever fix? I'm sure the entire plastic frame can be replaced but I wanted to see if there were other options.

Thanks!

I have a pair of hatches in my transom that had plastic catches at the bottom to hold them closed.
Those plastic catches broke years ago, so I replaced them with some simple magnetic cabinet latches that you'd find at the local hardware store.

Because the 'catch' and the magnet are both ferrous metals, they do rust over time, but they are cheap and simple to replace when the time comes.
I think I have about 5 years of use out of my present set of magnetic catches.
Certainly not 'marine grade', but they are cheap and they work.

Attachments

• Hatches.jpg
    Hatches.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
They do not as much wear as break.

I complained years ago and for the ones on the plastic entry doors. Got a hand full in the mail but used them all up. They do not stand up as well if you or someone else let the transom access door fall from full height by mistake.

I actually see one without a latch move in the wind as we are on plane.

Dana

Back