Plug Wires

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am replacing the spark plugs on my 2003 Evinrude 225 Bombadier motor and would also like to replace the wires as I don't know when it was last done. When googling the terms, I get numerous links concerning the plugs themselves (already purchased) but nothing about the wires. I actually picked up the plugs pretty cheap from Napa but they didn't carry the wire set.

Anyone know where I can go for this?

When I had that motor I went to my local Evinrude dealer and they had them.

Dont forget to index the plugs on that motor its a pain in the ass!!!

Local dealer isn't very local. Any other options? If I must, I will make the drive but was hoping somewhere else (even WMarine) might have them. Would likely be worth paying the extra 20% they charge.

And yes, I will index. Got my pen ready to go. This will be my first crack at it but I am looking forward to it. The existing plugs are in piss poor shape. Can't wait to see how the boat runs with good parts.

haha yea i usto use a sharpie, its a tedious process, just keep swapping the plugs between the cylinders until you get them to match up right. It usto drive me crazy one of those 12 pack jobs. Also I found out they dont have to be perfect you just dont want the fuel spraying directly on the wrong side of the plug

Meep in mind that the port and starboard p'head cylinders are TIME-bored, which means a plug indexing at 3 o'clock on the port will index at 9 o'clock on the starboard. Do a google search, as there is a ton of plug indexing info out there.

There also is a website dedicated to johnnyrude direct injection motors, boatsetup I believe.

Knocked this out over the weekend. Was actually a very easy process. I only had a couple cylinders that gave me any grief at all and I simply just grabbed new plugs. Second time was the charm in both instances. I had more problems getting my big fingers in between all the wires in order to pop off and reinstall the plug boots at the block. And even then - it was no real biggie. I bet the whole operation took 20 minutes.

Back