Plumbed porta potty

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
My new 2501 has a plumbed portapotty that I’m a bit unclear on (and so is the dealer). It looks like this thing is pretty much permanently installed making the instructions useless. My 2520’s all had electric heads with overboard discharge and it does come in handy from time to time especially for my wife. I want to use this but I’m hesitant to have a mess that can only be pumped out. I can’t imagine a pump out gets it all ? Does some one have this option & use it that can tell me how it works before I try it ? Thanks !

My new 2501 has a plumbed portapotty that I’m a bit unclear on (and so is the dealer). It looks like this thing is pretty much permanently installed making the instructions useless. My 2520’s all had electric heads with overboard discharge and it does come in handy from time to time especially for my wife. I want to use this but I’m hesitant to have a mess that can only be pumped out. I can’t imagine a pump out gets it all ? Does some one have this option & use it that can tell me how it works before I try it ? Thanks !

Last edited:
2520’s flushed to holding tank Which could be pumped or discharged when offshore ( which I go often). Looking for experience from someone with my current set up.

Not sure what you quite mean about experience? In general when using salt water and letting things sit in the tank for a while can result in a stinky situation emitting from the vent. adding a deodorizer helps. If you are out 3 miles you can usually discharge using the macerator pump. I will also flush to add water and pump again to clean out much of the solids as possible and pump the tank out until it won't pump anymore out. When you get back you can add deodorant and if at a dock make a flush with fresh water. When out three miles you can then always discharge and start the process over again the next time you need to use the tank. If at the dock and they have a pump out you can pump it out and add fresh water after the first pump and them pump out again. In any event I avoid using the head. I use those camping bags and line the head. Or I use one of those little Johnny's for urine . That also have an attachment for women.

Are you saying you can’t discharge the waste overboard? Why not just try it for a while before ripping it out. Or call Parker or the manufacturer directly (you’d be surprised how helpful they can be) for help. Dealers can be clueless.

Sounds like your main concern is that the pump out won't get everything out of the tank. You are always going to be tied up at a dock when pumping out, and your porta potty is only going to take a minute. You could have a water hose, or a 5 gallon bucket of fresh water, ready to pour thru the bowl of the toilet while it is being pumped, to get it cleaner.
You are supposed to start out with a half gallon or so of fresh water, and chemical deodorizer, in the tank prior to use. I put a gallon of water in my 5 gallon porta potty. Did you use chem treatments in your previous holding tanks?

Sounds like your main concern is that the pump out won't get everything out of the tank. You are always going to be tied up at a dock when pumping out, and your porta potty is only going to take a minute. You could have a water hose, or a 5 gallon bucket of fresh water, ready to pour thru the bowl of the toilet while it is being pumped, to get it cleaner.
You are supposed to start out with a half gallon or so of fresh water, and chemical deodorizer, in the tank prior to use. I put a gallon of water in my 5 gallon porta potty. Did you use chem treatments in your previous holding tanks?
This is sound advice, as my former BW Ventura 210 had a plumbed porta potty. I always added the thick blue stuff via the bowl, and primed a bit with FW. When being pumped out always ran a FW hose in the bowl while the deck pump out was running. Never any problem.

Still trying to learn more about the flush head on my new 2520.
is it best to add the deodorizer via the deck pump out fitting or in the bowl, followed by a flush?

This is sound advice, as my former BW Ventura 210 had a plumbed porta potty. I always added the thick blue stuff via the bowl, and primed a bit with FW. When being pumped out always ran a FW hose in the bowl while the deck pump out was running. Never any problem.

Still trying to learn more about the flush head on my new 2520.
is it best to add the deodorizer via the deck pump out fitting or in the bowl, followed by a flush?
I would put it in the bowl and flush.

Friends- chiming in on this old thread after searching for an answer.

Since surrendering my bachelorship- and inheriting 2 teenage girls in the process- I suddenly have a PRESSING need to learn about my plumbed porta potti on my 2801 center boat

These questions are laughable- I realize- but I've never used the head in any boat I have ever owned =(

My Thetford porta potti is plumbed to what I presume is a holding tank? There is an overboard discharge option, and a pump out

Is there some kind of pump thats plumbed somewhere in the depths of the boat? I don't see a switch on my dash to operate said pump? ( there is an accessory switch- but when I flip it, I hear nothing?)

I have read up on the actual toilet operation- I just have no clue how to discharge ( where legally permissible) If I have to.

Any insight you can provide will be most helpful =)

Thanks!

IcyAtlantic.... The answer is. Get Rid of the Porta Potty. Use a 5gal bucket with a snap on toilet lid. Only 2 girls? Ha!

4 Granddaughters and all their friends.

Attachments

• photo 41.JPG
    photo 41.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 600966_2872641870852_1282434370_n.jpg
    600966_2872641870852_1282434370_n.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 2
Friends- chiming in on this old thread after searching for an answer.

Since surrendering my bachelorship- and inheriting 2 teenage girls in the process- I suddenly have a PRESSING need to learn about my plumbed porta potti on my 2801 center boat

These questions are laughable- I realize- but I've never used the head in any boat I have ever owned =(

My Thetford porta potti is plumbed to what I presume is a holding tank? There is an overboard discharge option, and a pump out

Is there some kind of pump thats plumbed somewhere in the depths of the boat? I don't see a switch on my dash to operate said pump? ( there is an accessory switch- but when I flip it, I hear nothing?)

I have read up on the actual toilet operation- I just have no clue how to discharge ( where legally permissible) If I have to.

Any insight you can provide will be most helpful =)

Thanks!
On my 2320 the plumbing is a vent hose and discharge hose running from the porty potty under the floor to the gunwale inside the house. The only "holding tank" was the porta potty itself. I removed it and the hoses as it took up too much room for my needs and echo warthog on the bucket and snap on lid....

Dudes. Yah. I'm all about the bucket and lid situation

But I just want to know what the setup is I guess? I see the discharge hose goes out the transom of my boat. I also see the pump out on the starboard gunwale. I thought there might have to be some kind of pump somewhere...because that overboard discharge hose is long ( from the console to the transom)- so I figured it would need some help evacuating?

Also the pump out option for that little teeny porta potti tank?

I just never even thought about this system in the boat- and now im...confused. =)

Thanks!

@warthog5 Great pics!

Dudes. Yah. I'm all about the bucket and lid situation

But I just want to know what the setup is I guess? I see the discharge hose goes out the transom of my boat. I also see the pump out on the starboard gunwale. I thought there might have to be some kind of pump somewhere...because that overboard discharge hose is long ( from the console to the transom)- so I figured it would need some help evacuating?

Also the pump out option for that little teeny porta potti tank?

I just never even thought about this system in the boat- and now im...confused. =)

Thanks!

@warthog5 Great pics!

This can be plumbed in several ways. It's common to have a valve which directs waste from the toilet either to the tank, or overboard.

Once in the tank, there are often one or two options. Waste can be removed at a pumpout station from the "waste" fitting up on the gunwhale.

Some installations will also include a macerator pump attached to the bottom of the holding tank that will also pump the debris overboard when you're in an approved area to do so. There should be a momentary switch somewhere in, or near the bathroom to activate this pump.

Back