Pondering

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bflareau

Reaction score
Hi Folks:
I am looking to upgrade from my 23 foot hydrasport to something that can accomodate 5 to 6 scuba divers. I am liking the 2820 and 2830. Any insight on tank mount ideas to get 10 - 12 tanks back there and still have gunnall access for water entry? Are the twin 250's enough power? I am hearing mixed feedback on being nose heavy vs being cockpit heavy and water coming in when over loaded at rest. I like the extended cabin but not sure I can give up that much cockpit space. Wish there was a lot where I could look at them side by side. Bruce

I do slot of diving in my 2820 and the boat s perfect for that, the boat could use 300s though

bflareau":3rv9p74y said:
Hi Folks:
Wish there was a lot where I could look at them side by side. Bruce

I expect that in the future the boat manufacturers will have to provide one or two full model showrooms where buyers can view the different models and equipment. Not a big deal for companies with a great number of dealers. The individual dealers are not big enough anymore to show the entire line. Take a look at the number of boats at Parker, Grady White, Boston Whaler and others. Buyers are either buying the model on the dealers lot or ordering a boat sight unseen. As a buyer of a $100,000++ new boat, an airplane ride to the factory showroom would be acceptable.

In my opinion, the current business model hurts sales.

bflareau":3oadxo1a said:
Hi Folks:
I am looking to upgrade from my 23 foot hydrasport to something that can accomodate 5 to 6 scuba divers. I am liking the 2820 and 2830. Any insight on tank mount ideas to get 10 - 12 tanks back there and still have gunnall access for water entry? Are the twin 250's enough power? I am hearing mixed feedback on being nose heavy vs being cockpit heavy and water coming in when over loaded at rest. I like the extended cabin but not sure I can give up that much cockpit space. Wish there was a lot where I could look at them side by side. Bruce

bflareau,

I had a Hydra Sports 2006, 2300 Lighting series with a yamaha 250 and upgraded to a 2006, 2820 Parker this last summer (2011). I do a lot of diving and it's set up for a six pack. I have done numerous trips with 5 to 6 divers (a total of 7 on board at times) with no problems, as far as the twin 250's they are great, work horses and are proven. I have tank racks on both port and Stbd. that hold three tanks each (aft) and a trident six tank rack I place in the middle (total of 12 tanks 80's). I also installed two fish boxes port and Stbd, (forward). This helps keep the weight forward because, they sit on the fish boxes, you will come on plain with no problem.

As you can see plenty of room in the back to roll out or just do a giant stride entry from the platform.

As far as more power it would be nice but, I don't think the cost is worth it.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMAG1581.jpg
    IMAG1581.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG1582.jpg
    IMAG1582.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMAG1583.jpg
    IMAG1583.jpg