Popit valve

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
I just got done cleaning out the popit valve. It was sure a pain in the a-- to get my hands in there to get to the two screws but it was worth it. At the end of the fall season I ran into some mud during one of those winter low tides. I never had any alarms go off but the motor didn't pee as it used to. I did what Dale told me and flushed from the stats. It helped a little but still did not have a strong pee like I had before going into the mud. After cleaning out the valve its spraying like no tomorrow! Thanks for the help.
George

2001 ox66 225. With my model it was on the lower right side of the engine viewing from outside the boat. Can see it clearly but there were wires in the way and tough to get at because you need three hands in a tight space. Its spring loaded so tough reinstalling. What I did to reinstall was cut a wodden dowel and braced it against the valve cover and wall of the motor housing to hold it in place to install the two screws.

Back