Portable Baitwell Pumps?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duct Man

Reaction score
I have been admiring some of the fancy baitwells and have decided to give it a go. But my question is I have a raw water washdown on my 2320 can I use this to supply baitwell? Does it need to run intermittently or is it not reccomended to run this much? The other option is to get a baitwell pump and tee the seacock the raw water pump is hooked to.

FWIW there are pumps designed with dual ports so it can either be a washdown or route water to a livewell. I myself took it the other way. I plumbed an 1100gph livewell pump on top of the seacock and plumbed it to the washdown port. Then I just add a short section of water hose to fill the livewell.

In use as a washdown, it is no where as powerful as a pressurized washdown system, but it works and keeps the deck free of slop. On my boat, my 'horsepower' and that of the cleaning agents keeps it clean ;) !

If I was to use a 30 gal barrel do you think the washdown pump would supply enough fresh water to work?

I replaced the factory baitwell pump that sits on top of the seacock on my 21SE with one of the dual port baitwell pumps and then ran a hose from the extra port to a washdown pump mounted on the foreward bulkhead in the bilge. This has worked very well for me. If something breaks then I can shut off both systems from one seacock

Here is what I did.
http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... ight=wally

It works, with the washdown pump in a pinch, but if I was going to use it often, I'd install a 'T' or a 'Y' above the seacock and install a livewell pump on it.

Also, I believe the washdown pumps draw a lot more amps. The day I took those pictures, I drew the house battery down sufficiently, I had to place the battery switch in "both" to get the starboard motor started.

Dave

aka

Back